where are all the wimmin?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onymee

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
it suddenly occurred to me this afternoon that most of the posters on here are male type blokes. I can't recall seeing any wimmin type females. Surely bee keeping isn't a male preserve? While I am perfectly comfortable being a lone female in a whole herd of males (comes from being the only teenage female soldier's daughter on base in Germany), it'd be nice to get the female perspective.

There are quite a few of us on here. Just generally not as talkative on here as them blokey types (less free-time, busy running around after them!)

There are quite a few of us on here. Just generally not as talkative on here as them blokey types (less free-time, busy running around after them!)

ahh that's why then. I am very fortunate that the only males in my home are canine and feline, psittacine, reptilian and chelonian. The first 2 species are all castrated which is how I prefer my males hehehe.
scissors.gif

ahh that's why then. I am very fortunate that the only males in my home are canine and feline, psittacine, reptilian and chelonian. The first 2 species are all castrated which is how I prefer my males hehehe.
scissors.gif

Well, if it's any consolation, I spend Sundays wandering round in a long frock-type thing.

Dusty

After a long day on the hunt it's nice to wind down with a row .... I mean chat.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TozuDjekZXI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TozuDjekZXI[/ame]

hiya

yep..just checked and I am definitely female

kinda new to this forum and only been beekeeping for a year so I don't feel worthy enough to add my opinions yet

i am enjoying lurking in the background for now and gaining knowledge

i will start to add more comments now & will let you know if I need any backup when the males outnumber me when I blether rubbish

.... And the gender sign under the handle is a dead giveaway.

Dusty

Which I keep removing, but which keeps reinstating itself, much to my annoyance.

I know it shouldn't, but it really pisses me off. The system shouldn't be displaying any information I choose to keep private.

:rant:

Latest posts

Back