when treating & opening up

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wightbees

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
How long is a piece of string
I have read that it's best not to open the hive up when treating . Is this to stop the fumes from getting out the hive or because the bees will not be to happy?

I have given each hive a kg of syrup to get them by but they have very little stores and think this will not be enough for another week.
Also 1 hive has made a Q cell and i need to check this to see if they have capped it as i think they are trying to SS the new Q. :banghead:

regards
WB

I'm in the process of treating, and also I'm putting on a feed. I don't see the need to open the hive to do it, well, other than take off the roof.

The chances of getting a queen mated are getting slimmer by the day, are you sure it was a queen cell as they have a new queen or is she not laying

Was laying good,but now there is a very small patch of brood but i thought this might be due to the time of yr.Then i spotted a QC which looked like it had royal jelly in side.
The bees are not happy at all . Theres plenty of space to lay and 4 frames of stores.

Poly hive is giving away mated queens to a home that really needs them.

i think i need to find the problem first kazmcc.
But thanks for pointing that out.

Latest posts

Back