What's wrong?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metamorphosis

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Varies
I have a photograph of a frame of brood and have been informed that its not as one would expect a frame of brood to look like.

Please help.

Thank you.

Can you post the photo so we can try and help?

Whoops,
I still am in that silken cocoon.

That's the one!
I am told there is something not quite right with the frame.

Thank you for helping,

Brood is capped and and overall the hive is really full of food.
Have you empty cells in the hive or why the hive is so full honey/syrup?

In this condition hive will swarm if it has not yet swarmed.

Wow, as a complete newbie I would have thought that frame is perfect...if not a little full?

I would also be concerned about space in the hive. Where abouts was the frame taken from, was it in the centre?

Last edited:
If you are on about the W shape that is just where the wires are in the frames. Sometimes the wires show in the bottom of the cells the quenn can feel these and doesnt lay an egg in them. That frame is well laid IMO. I would be more than happy with that.

Bubo is right imho. Capped brood running up to capped stores would tend to suggest there is no room to store and evaporate nectar. Normally you get several rows of open cells with nectar and/or pollen around the brood. Bees like to keep pollen and nectar right beside the brood area. capped honey has to be diluted with water if it is to be used to feed brood.

If the pic is new and rape is in full bloom, you are in a hurry to give more room for nectar and for laying

Thank you all for your replies I need all the help going.

With reference the frame I have been informed that although it looks perfect there is no circle of pollen between the sealed honey and the sealed brood.

As some of you have mentioned who cares as long as the bees are happy to do so, then thats fine by me.

Thank you all once again.

Latest posts

Back