What's wrong in the video.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No issues with mating marked virgins. I started doing it after watching one of Richard Noel's videos. They are docile and easy to mark in comfort at my desk without interference from other bees. When I start to do II this year I'll be clipping them as well.
Clipping virgins? That will be interesting!

Dani beat me to it!

I'd be a bit worried that bees from a hive you are not inspecting were behaving like that ? Are you sure they were from another hive - had you recently had the adjacent hive open for some reason ? If not I'd be assessing that colony for agressive traits with a view to changing the queen. What's the history of the queen in that colony - indeed - is there a queen in the colony ?
I was looking at the colony opposite minutes before eggs and queen present third inspection now out of 5 (vail bouncers) these were overwintered nucs.
New Queen I think.
I only have a white pen for this season Paul I have to remark some already.
I will assec them again in a weeks time.

Seems not to be a problem then ? Do you get any that don't mate or return from their mating flightS ?
No.. they all mated successfully (not many swallows/swifts round us)

I should have read your post#6
Doh!
It seems several folks are experiencing bees that are a little feisty at the moment. I am too😩
One colony out of 14 so far at these sites.
Towards the end of the month its getting better, I hope! Local forage is key in these conditions imo.

I was getting vail bouncers from the neighbouring hive.
It might be a silly question, but how can you be sure that the pingers were from a neighbouring hive and not the one you had apart. Did they have labels?

Latest posts

Back