Whats with the weather?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simon kerr

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
What has happended to the weather, looking at Metcheck its looks like its goind to get cold, below 10 degrees and until end of the month, good god!:mad:

..... and the volcanic ash cloud is due to make a return next week!!:(

Pier corbyns Weather Action forcast issued on 27 April for May

MAY 2010 – Essential Summary forecast:
Showery & overall cool especially NorthEast.
Ireland & South/West less cool.
Contrasting spells - wintry at times in North.
Some local heavy rain & thunder. A finer spell
later in South/SouthWest & Ireland. Wet cool
monthend with local deluges & flood risk.
Ireland & SW finer than most of Britain relative to local normals.
The essential weather type developments MAY 2010

MAY 2010 in Britain and Ireland will be often dominated by wet, cool and cloudy
conditions which turn wintry at times particularly in Scotland and north parts of Ireland;
although there will be finer spells mainly in Ireland and South England.
Cyclonic and cyclonic-Northerly conditions with the Jet Stream largely further South than
normal will be quite common, giving cool and showery weather systems covering most of
Britain & Ireland. The period 22-28th is expected to have more contrasting weather with
the SouthWest & South of Britain & Ireland turning fine, often sunny and warm by day,
while the North is more cloudy and cooler relative to local normals.
The month ends wet and cool or cold.
© Weather Action™& Piers Corbyn™ © accept no liability for any loss howsoever arising from use of forecast information. Application of forecasts is entirely at the user’

Last edited:
Well the virgins are going to have trouble mating then aren't they?

Sorry Simon....not referring to your post. Wasn't trying to cast aspertions.

Last edited:
its lovely down here bees are going mad lol,quite literally,:willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

Bet they were quieter today Mark! And snow forecast in the Scottish Highlands - so some worse of than us- cheer up - soon be mid summer!!:ack2:

Hint of good news, looks like a trend to warm up around mid May to average temps, x fingers.

Hint of good news, looks like a trend to warm up around mid May to average temps, x fingers.

Where did you see this jezd, if you don't mind me asking?

looking a bit bleek outside at the mo, but it's ment to be sunny and 13c this afternnon :)
Thats when i am hoping to go and check my bees

likewise wightbees lets just hope the sun pokes through long enough:)

I seen a add on wightbay for someone looking for somewhere to keep some hives. Not you is it Mark, with all those swarms you now must have a garden full of hives lol.

But yes, hope the sun comes out for a little while :)

Last edited:
I had a quick check today and 2 of mine were low on stores so i had to remove the supers they were drawing and give them a drop of syrup. It`s surprising what they`ve eaten being stuck in for a week.

just seen the forecast for this week on Countryfile and it looks like more of the same but colder overnight :chillpill:

And snow for Scotland and northern England.....never mind,soon be midsummer.

Latest posts

Back