Whats that little bee thing below my name?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BKF Admin

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
To help members see who the top posters are I have added a system that adds bees for posting.

Like this:
rating_1.gif

The points system gives one bee after 50 posts then goes up as more posts are made.

I also added user rank names such as House bee,field bee etc up to Queen bee.
This system will stop anyone asking what a senior member is etc as it causes new members to think it is a level of beekeeping knowledge.

I am going to add a system that members can vote+ for good posts and vote- if you think a post is bad advice or upsets anyone.
If that system fails I can remove it,it should show who you can trust for getting good advice.

do you mean i got to write another 43 posts to get a bee.
dohhh....make that 42

Hi Admin,

I have reservations regarding this new system you are thinking of introducing.

I think it could bee open to abuse, and who wants to know if advice given is good advice, as advice is given freely an honestly, but may not suit that particular beeks method of beekeeping.

This will produce a league table of Who's Who with regards to the amount of posts that a particular beek will post irrespective of quality.

Please don't think I am against the idea because I am not, but just a wee bit apprehensive.

Regards;

Hi Admin,

I think it could bee open to abuse, and who wants to know if advice given is good advice, as advice is given freely an honestly, but may not suit that particular beeks method of beekeeping.

This will produce a league table of Who's Who with regards to the amount of posts that a particular beek will post irrespective of quality.

Please don't think I am against the idea because I am not, but just a wee bit apprehensive.

Regards;

Truth is Bcrazy is more a case of who is not so hot with advice or who gives out abuse etc.
If a member starts to upset others or gives bad advice then everytime another member gives minus feedback it lowers the quility score.

It only takes about 3-4 minus scores to turn the little green square below your name to red.

Not the best way of doing things but MAYBE better than nothing.

It can be removed in seconds if we find it is not working.

OK Admin.

When is this new innovation being launched?

Regards;

Its already there.

Its the little green square box below your username.

Why have you blackened yours?
I do not fully understand the function of this.
Is on a distinguished road. No that's not me.
How do other members know if a person has extra points?
If it's all just a green box then its not productive, it's only productive when someone abuses the forum and a red light appears, then what happens to that participant?

Sorry for so many questions but I honestly do not see any sense in the issue of points scoring.

If the members want this then that's great but I am in two minds about this.

Regards;

Bcrazy I will put a page up explaining how it works.

Will the my threads/my replies be coming back, Admin?

good advice

Hi Admin,

Regards;
here here

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . and vote- if you think a post is bad advice or upsets anyone. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

What if people score for good advice then upset others,

Scandinavian based ones perhaps??

Quality over quantity, perhaps a like system so helpful comments can be acknowledged and rewarded with a little bee. I realise might require a complete site redesign, sorry

Latest posts

Back