What's flowering as forage in your area

• Thread starter Curly green fingers
  • Start date
Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just bought a mimosa! I do hope the bees like it but now i'm wondering! I've also bought some different viburnums (fragrant ones). I hope they will enjoy them.

It's funny, this house is surrounded by woods. On our plot i think it's mainly oak, firs, chestnut, limes (not in flower) and a little further away more sunflowers than you can shake a stick at. As far as i could tell i got no sunflower honey last year. I got honeydew honey instead. I was expecting them to be all over the sunflowers...
We had bumble bees all over our sunflowers last year but not one honey bee that I could see

How is that wide, grass verge on Port Road looking? Are the Crocuses flowering? It's always such a beautiful display.
Fabulous especially as we discovered a long line of lime trees over the road and running along the play park. Snowdrops are out, no crocuses as yet, but you're right beautiful display when they do come out, looks amazing

Fabulous especially as we discovered a long line of lime trees over the road and running along the play park. Snowdrops are out, no crocuses as yet, but you're right beautiful display when they do come out, looks amazing

Oddly, we're about 25 miles due south of Barry and there's no sign of snowdrops here at all :(

James

I normally think of snowdrops appearing in January but this year I've only seen one small group that were just emerging.... strange weather :)

I normally think of snowdrops appearing in January but this year I've only seen one small group that were just emerging.... strange weather :)
:iagree: usually see the first flowers on New Year's day but so far this year not even much sign of the tips appearing

Winter Heliotrope (y) One of my favs at this time of year for it's gentle pervasive scent alone. No insects yesterday though; 6C in the sunshine (Devon)

Attachments

• P1110497.JPG
    P1110497.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Back