What's flowering as forage in your area

• Thread starter Curly green fingers
  • Start date
Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
North west Kent - Mine are all over the Asters and the Sedums. Ivy not quite in flower yet. Cosmos and Japanese Anenomes popular as well I'm watching our enormous eucalyptus with interest - last year it bloomed twice, once in April and once in November and the whole tree hummed like an engine. So far this year nothing, but it is looking as if it might be gearing up in readiness.

Loving the Ivy, Cosmos and Anemones

Attachments

• 20210922_161046.jpg
    20210922_161046.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 6
  • 20210923_150626.jpg
    20210923_150626.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 4
North west Kent - Mine are all over the Asters and the Sedums. Ivy not quite in flower yet. Cosmos and Japanese Anenomes popular as well I'm watching our enormous eucalyptus with interest - last year it bloomed twice, once in April and once in November and the whole tree hummed like an engine. So far this year nothing, but it is looking as if it might be gearing up in readiness.
Some of our spring honey last year was eucalyptus and Holly.
Eucalyptus are very Hardy trees and grow even at 450 metres

Any idea what this monster is? Growing on our scrapheap, where the remains of the pet hamster's food is thrown. No bee interest noticed but I haven't visited it on a sunny afternoon yet. IMG_0208.JPG seen it in the afternoon yet.

Any idea what this monster is? Growing on our scrapheap, where the remains of the pet hamster's food is thrown. No bee interest noticed but I haven't visited it on a sunny afternoon yet. View attachment 28502 seen it in the afternoon yet.

Almost certainly the start of a Jack and the Beanstalk phenomenon.....

Any idea what this monster is? Growing on our scrapheap, where the remains of the pet hamster's food is thrown. No bee interest noticed but I haven't visited it on a sunny afternoon yet. View attachment 28502 seen it in the afternoon yet.
Amaranthus? Giant purple?

Any idea what this monster is? Growing on our scrapheap, where the remains of the pet hamster's food is thrown. No bee interest noticed but I haven't visited it on a sunny afternoon yet. seen it in the afternoon yet.
Strange as I have quite a few (but no flowers as yet) similat plants spring up on the area where I dump my grass cuttings and chicken shed clearings. I had assumed it was part of the commercial wildflower (shaded area) mix I'd scattered around there last year as it's in the middle of the teazels and what have you.

On an overnight trip to Yorkshire, Nottingham area of M1 had a few good patches of what I think are Michelmas Daisy's.

Malvern autumn show today, chatting to one of the honey judges which was interesting.o didn't realise that the presentation was as important as the honey!!!!!

My hive in the garden has been ultra busy for the last couple of days and humming like a AC unit when I put the chickens to bed. Rich smell of ivy emanating from it!
They've obviously found some in bloom!

Latest posts

Back