What's flowering as forage in your area

• Thread starter Curly green fingers
  • Start date
Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow will you venture to the Llanthony priory
Always a good drive through the mountains to hay
Motor home. It stays put while we move about. Sank a couple of these yesterday. Lovely

Attachments

• BBFE42B1-098B-4BCD-B9E7-BDEF54E64CB9.jpeg
    BBFE42B1-098B-4BCD-B9E7-BDEF54E64CB9.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
When I lived in Bristol, you always knew when the cider season was upon us when a van turned up at the pub opposite, they would load up with all the decent furniture from the bar and lounge and take it away for storage, then they would replace it with junk bought from second hand warehouses. Every Sunday morning for the next month you'd be woken up by them shovelling out the splintered remains of furniture and stacking it in a corner to be collected in a skip on the Monday, then another batch or replacement junk would turn up to replace it.
We wandered into another pub once and the back room looked more like a corner of an abattoir - White tiled walls, red quarry tiled floor, with a big drain in the middle - the benches and tables were made from reclaimed roofing timbers and bolted to the floor. I asked the barman what was that all about and he just said 'it's the cider head's bar, they drink themselves senseless on a weekend, throw up all over the place - even soil themselves. after closing time, we turf them all out and wash down the whole room with a high pressure hose'!!!

I had a great clover areas in our field. Sadly the sheep have priority and have now gone in so forage from that source lost. However the bees are out on remaining patches of clover, bramble, wild rose, ox-eyed daisy and several plants in the garden.

Hoorayyyy! The limes are just beginning to flower :love:

Attachments

• Limeflowers.jpg
    Limeflowers.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 41
Mine have been enjoying the corn flowers, but not seen any on the oxeye

Attachments

• 20210616_184932.jpg
    20210616_184932.jpg
    8.6 MB · Views: 5
Not a bee to be seen on the Lime 😢 but the Cotoneaster in the garden is quite busy. Just seems like odds and sods around at the minute.

Attachments

• 05ECBDCA-8B3C-4145-8665-34FA39D05760.jpeg
    05ECBDCA-8B3C-4145-8665-34FA39D05760.jpeg
    657.3 KB · Views: 16
  • A550AB76-BE80-4FD0-9A6F-1FD80CCD55CB.jpeg
    A550AB76-BE80-4FD0-9A6F-1FD80CCD55CB.jpeg
    598.4 KB · Views: 18
Still on Elderflower in West Yorkshire but the lime isn't far away

Latest posts

Back