What's flowering as forage in your area

• Thread starter Curly green fingers
  • Start date
Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bees are collecting pollen now from Ribwort plantain in our meadow. Was quite surprised when I first saw this, but they love it. My bees lower down the valley are on the bluebells, sheets of them in the woods, a beautiful sight

Bees are collecting pollen now from Ribwort plantain in our meadow. Was quite surprised when I first saw this, but they love it. My bees lower down the valley are on the bluebells, sheets of them in the woods, a beautiful sight
Yes mine are straight on it when it comes up. Not here yet. Bees are collecting bluebell pollen here

Just walked through an avenue of field maple. Trees are alive with bees...... Mine hopefully

A solitary honey bee on our bluebells - between rain showers

Attachments

• IMG_0709.JPG
    IMG_0709.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 18
Any idea what this tree is?

Attachments

• 20210510_085116.jpg
    20210510_085116.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 63
  • 20210510_085138.jpg
    20210510_085138.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 54
Got this tree hanging over from the garden behind us with loads of blossom but only really see a few bumbles on it. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 79611076-EFCE-4DED-B905-518730F9BA11.jpeg
    79611076-EFCE-4DED-B905-518730F9BA11.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 43
My garden bees are on the hawthorn, the forget-me-nots, the berberis and the Spanish bluebells. I've just set up two new apiaries, one on an allotment and one on a farm beside a wood full of native bluebells and with hawthorn and bramble hedges. I'm hoping for great things from both.

Sycamore is well out but it’s raining for at least the next ten days.
Hawthorn on the cusp but it’s staying cold
Every spring I’m full of hope. Every spring the weather gives my bees a kicking. I’m running out of springs 😬

My garden bees are on the hawthorn, the forget-me-nots, the berberis and the Spanish bluebells. I've just set up two new apiaries, one on an allotment and one on a farm beside a wood full of native bluebells and with hawthorn and bramble hedges. I'm hoping for great things from both.
Good luck thorn new apiary sites are always exciting.

Sycamore is well out but it’s raining for at least the next ten days.
Hawthorn on the cusp but it’s staying cold
Every spring I’m full of hope. Every spring the weather gives my bees a kicking. I’m running out of springs 😬
Wet coldish spring, the perennials will benefit in the summer :).
Definitely looking better this year the rosebay, polminaria is not so good being taken over by ground elder.
Blackthorn still out here, Holly about to flower and Crab Apple.
They will get to it if it's local enough.
Colonys with loads of dandelions near by have drawn some lovely coloured comb this year so far.

The Horse Chestnut is in full flower now and the Hawthorn and lilac are fully in blossom, loads of other stuff about as well. Unfortunately the weather for the next week is not looking promising.... rain most days. Mine do forage in between the showers but at present they are not really packing it away in any great quantity - I suspect they are eating it rather than storing it ...

Great variety of pollen coming in today. This doesn‘t look dark enough on the pollen chart to be Horse Chestnut although there’s plenty of that close by.

Attachments

• 509B1BEF-B21F-4FA6-A157-6F6B77A10FEA.jpeg
    509B1BEF-B21F-4FA6-A157-6F6B77A10FEA.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Back