What's flowering as forage in your area

• Thread starter Curly green fingers
  • Start date
Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some lovely looking pollen going into one of the hives today. From pale green like in the photo to some much darker green/blue. No sign of any brick red horse chestnut pollen despite having loads of them flowering near to us.

Attachments

• E0F563C5-23A6-4A03-9828-5AB7C64F9227.jpeg
    E0F563C5-23A6-4A03-9828-5AB7C64F9227.jpeg
    346.8 KB · Views: 14
Saw bees on my patch of wild garlic today - never seen them on it before. Should give the varroa a bit of headache...🤪

My chicken shed is rat proof but they still get in the compost heap. I trap and shoot them. Rats are everywhere, all chickens do is attract them into your garden!
Yes ... even if they can'tr get into the run they seem to be attracted to the hens. Our rat problem was compounded by the bird feeders - I did all sorts of things to stop the seed getting spilled from the feeders but there was always something there for the rats under the feeders. In the end it was a great help as a rat looking for odd bits of seed under the bird feeder was an easy shot with the air rifle from the bedroom window. Didn't solve the problem but kept it in check.

Hawthorn starting to flower on the south coast.

Yes ... even if they can'tr get into the run they seem to be attracted to the hens. Our rat problem was compounded by the bird feeders - I did all sorts of things to stop the seed getting spilled from the feeders but there was always something there for the rats under the feeders. In the end it was a great help as a rat looking for odd bits of seed under the bird feeder was an easy shot with the air rifle from the bedroom window. Didn't solve the problem but kept it in check.
Same here I have lots of feeders and the variety of song birds in the garden is amazing. Saw one rat last year, put poison down, haven't seen any since but no doubt they are around. I hate them

Same here I have lots of feeders and the variety of song birds in the garden is amazing. Saw one rat last year, put poison down, haven't seen any since but no doubt they are around. I hate them
You normally don’t see them. When you do, it means you have a bigger problem…

Never see them here and I have hens. There are a few suspicious holes in the garden though. I wouldn’t poison them. We have raptors sitting on eggs.
I would borrow a friends JRT

Never see them here and I have hens. There are a few suspicious holes in the garden though. I wouldn’t poison them. We have raptors sitting on eggs.
I would borrow a friends JRT
Lots here in sandy soil. A couple of times in my life I've cornered them...that's not something you want to do...:eek:

Back