What's flowering as forage in your area

• Thread starter Curly green fingers
  • Start date
Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've taken a break from working from home today, and went for a walk over the common it's 10 c and light rain and quiet windy.
The girls on the common and in the garden are flying and working the gorse a hundred metres away from the hives.
These hill Billy bees are Hardy.. This was the wife's comment.

Yeh... we have that flowering on the
Greatgreygreenslimeytamarrivervalleyallsetaboutwithtenthousanpoundscollectingsecondhomeowners.

Better get some supers on???

Chons da
Wow apple that's a place.. Whys it slimey?
Or is that the Second homeowners?

We'll be finished in a couple weeks. Seven more apiaries to wrap and then we'll clean up the yards and be finished for another year. Bear fences have been checked...horrid year for bears. Not big losses per apiary, just continued predation in apiaries that in the past 30-40 years have never needed a bear fence. Now they're everywhere, smashing bee hives, killing chickens. Anyway that's all sorted. Looking forward to the rest. Imagine sleeping in 'till daylight. :sleep:

Once you have checked out the bear fences around the beehives!

It's a different world. Some people worry about being stung too much, not being attacked by a naughty bear! The funny thing was, I saw the St Albans location and thought: 'Crikey.....it was never that wild the last time I was there!'
I know.....wrong country. :rolleyes:

It's a different world. Some people worry about being stung too much, not being attacked by a naughty bear! The funny thing was, I saw the St Albans location and thought: 'Crikey.....it was never that wild the last time I was there!'
I know.....wrong country. :rolleyes:
The St. Albans thing...I live in St. Albans Vermont, that is named after St. Albans, UK. Okay. Sometimes Google messes it up. But...in ‘49, I was born at the St. Albans Nursing Home, in St. Albans, New York. Perfect storm when filling out official forms...not that I get it wrong, but when the forms return to me...😂

:cool:

My sister lives in St Albans U.K.
I haven't been there for years, for some reason I loved the place as a child, when we used to stay up with my father's sister in Tottingham Uncle Robin who sadly was one of the early casualties of the covid outbreak, was a great one for ancient monuments, always used to arrange a daytrip to St Albans. Last time was when my father was still alive I remember playfigting with him on the green near the cathedral and us both rolling down the hill - late 1970's I think, we actually met someone from back home there with their new baby who they'd Christened with the same name as me, now well over forty years later we are great friends and I'm his mentor on his foray into the world of local politics.

Latest posts

Back