What's flowering as forage in your area

• Thread starter Curly green fingers
  • Start date
Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
North of London something has been coming in for the last few weeks and I don't know what it is: light yellow, lemony flavour, dense but not yet capped; about 140lbs from 3 colonies on one site. If it was ivy it would have set by now. Took off the borage yesterday and left this for capping. Any ideas?

North of London something has been coming in for the last few weeks and I don't know what it is: light yellow, lemony flavour, dense but not yet capped; about 140lbs from 3 colonies on one site. If it was ivy it would have set by now. Took off the borage yesterday and left this for capping. Any ideas?
Have you had a drive/walk around Eric you might end up finding what it is they are foraging on, could it be green manure of some kind white mustard?

Black bee's and Italian mongrels in the garden are 4/5 metres from the sedum I planted two years ago.
I plan to take cuttings again I have some planted else where but there not doing so well.. The sedum in the video are right next to the chickens and get chicken manure in the winter... And it's not me that does it.. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I just walked through 70ish acres of mixed Phacelia and vetch in full flower that someone has planted near my home. In full flower. There wasn't a moment when I couldn't see a bee. They are coming over the hedge like Cylon raiders. Hopefully mine have found it

could it be green manure of some kind
I just walked through 70ish acres of mixed Phacelia

Thanks for the tips: I came across this definition of phacelia honey:
Color: from light beige to white, translucent glassy
Aroma: mild and delicate with a fine pleasant flavor
Taste: nice soft lemony scent and taste

The Hive Honey Shop stocks Hungarian Phacelia honey which is runny clear yellowish in colour, with a very delicate butter rounded flavour.

Phacelia or similar likely, so long as I ignore the beige to white and butter.

More borage?

It’s still H. Balsam, loads of white splodges in abundance

Back