what's everyone up to...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Renovating some WBC's as garden ornaments (although one may be a bait hive next year). Then trying to dig up some 'Tree of heaven' roots until I give up and resort to beer and watching F1.

Last edited:
Happy Birthday Somerford.

I'm setting up a new apiary site, finishing a workshop and having a dinner party....

Distributing leaflets for my son's business (free labour).
Framing some pictures.

Looking for a new job that is creative and pays enough to feed my beautiful girlfriend! :hat:

Working saturday, then up the plot on sunday for some rotovating. Monday (my day off) I'll be sorting out my bee equipment that needs building over the winter.

I have one of my Grandsons come to visit us for the weekend who lives over 100 miles away,so its steam trains Saturday and football practice on the green Sunday.

p.s,I have a man cold this week so been a little quite...

Overseeing the filling in of a swimming pool to make a sunken garden with a waterfall at one end. Will have a slabbed floor and raised flower bed all round. Barbie and seating area will fit in nicely!

And HWTHSBO has made me the first of some brood boxes to hold 2 nucs each with solid division. Looking good- ready for those swarms next year (not mine, I hasten to add)- and queen breeding - :)

Looking at the weather forcast,i'm thinking of eating as much as possible,then hibernating until about the middle of march,like a bear.

looks like I will be sitting in shed making up frames as it is raining.Back to work tomorrow.

A bit of work and restoring my Austin 7 and then perhaps allotment planting garlic

well website is done now, its raining so no allotment work today, so i guess i will just look out the window thinking of a nice holiday in the sun with a cold beer to hand. :cheers:

well, the weather is not bad here today, due to change tomorrow so might give the 2 hives their second coat of cuprinol clear!

I went to a Halloween dance last night, have been working this morning and scrounged some straw so this afternoon I think I will be mucking the chickens and turkeys out, may go to another Halloween dance tonight, Sunday will be spent doing probably very little..................:)

I am trying to understand powerpoint.

I seem to have got into giving bee talks (to the totally uninitiated, thank the Lord!). This is going to snowball, I feel, and it is a good way to help subsidise the new out apiary.
I have a computer - obviously - so what the hell is powerpoint-what extra equipment do I need (have a laptop) how do I get started - help.
Not a computer nerd, but this is all new to me :ack2:

Love the outfit:cheers2:

I am trying to understand powerpoint.

I seem to have got into giving bee talks (to the totally uninitiated, thank the Lord!). This is going to snowball, I feel, and it is a good way to help subsidise the new out apiary.
I have a computer - obviously - so what the hell is powerpoint-what extra equipment do I need (have a laptop) how do I get started - help.
Not a computer nerd, but this is all new to me :ack2:

Love the outfit:cheers2:

hi heather
im have the same problem, got a bee talk to a church in the spring ( was meant tobe oct) i have not got a clue how..
im thinking of showing a picture stating that it's a bee, there are many others like it but this girl is mine :svengo:
TB

Have done 5 in local schools etc,where I took some good pics- but getting a more adult audience and 3 booked before Feb, so I need to up my act. look more professional- charge dosh!!

You will need a digital projector.

Fragile buggers, you have to wait until they have cooled before switching mains of or the bulb will fry. Some bulbs can be £100's, so watch which model you get.

A real minefield when buying.

Back