What to do with a new queen

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I have a queen in an apidea.
Only a small handful of bees and not drawn any comb
She; emerged about a week ago.

I am thinkng of adding her via a press in cage to a frame of emerging brood and putting her with a frame of stores into a dummied down nuc.

Or is there a better idea?

I’d make up a nuc and shake the bees in from the apidea. Even better put the nuc in the apideas spot or as close as possible. Then your press in cage and a squirt of freshener or I’ve started using deodorant. The nuc could be made by lifting shaken frames above a qx so few flyers robbing is an issue atm. The addition of the nucs older bees will at least provide a limited defence and some of her own bees.

I’d make up a nuc and shake the bees in from the apidea. Even better put the nuc in the apideas spot or as close as possible. Then your press in cage and a squirt of freshener or I’ve started using deodorant. The nuc could be made by lifting shaken frames above a qx so few flyers robbing is an issue atm. The addition of the nucs older bees will at least provide a limited defence and some of her own bees.
Lynx? Or are they not fussy?

Latest posts

Back