What to do next?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just come back from the Bee Auction at Lincoln (not tempted by anything – although an extractor is high on our list).

Decided to take advice from my mentor and other (revered) bee keepers - to add more room in the brood chamber. Thoughts are that the bees are over crowded (certainly a lot of bees in there last time we had a look!)

We will probably use a super that was (accidentally) left in (which the bees cleared by the way) when we used Apigard last autumn. Still smells a bit of thymol so I guess I won’t be using it for the honey crop anyway.

So, as soon as the weather allows (sods law, its gone cooler now :toetap05:) the super goes on over the brood and the queen excluder on top of that. We will then have a brood and a half. All this will be done after we have had a bee inspection to make sure all is well – and of course all this hangs on the weather now!

In the meantime some :nature-smiley-013:bees are still foraging, even in this cool weather.

Latest posts

Back