What Size Jars

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve1958

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
After my recent endeavours to obtain a Reasonable costing supply of Honey Jars, with I am pleased to say, great success.
I thought it may be useful to find out what size jars people prefer to use.

This year I was bought a load of 12 oz or 340 gram hex jars for my birthday which look so much nicer imho.

We've also bought the hex jars, but don't take this information as useful, it is our first year, and we haven't sold any yet....

I managed to get boxes of 72 1lb bog standard honey jars + lids for £20. The public look at the honey- and good labelling is a help. Why pay more for a jar- putting up your cost.
Bottled 350lb and sold about 70 so far. Last spin off in 3 weeks- then treat for varroa- then feed
Better harvest this year -bee-smillie

I managed to get boxes of 72 1lb bog standard honey jars + lids for £20. The public look at the honey- and good labelling is a help. Why pay more for a jar- putting up your cost. Bottled 350lb and sold about 70 so far. Last spin off in 3 weeks- then treat for varroa- then feed
Better harvest this year -bee-smillie

why pay more?

you paid 27p per jar.

I paid 28.8p per jar for 12oz hex jars

I dont know how much you sell you honey for, but I have sold all of mine at £4 a jar (£5.33 per Lb). I am convinced a small extra outlay in nice jars and labels has seen me shift just over 100Lb in 2 days worth of driving around local farm shops etc.

it looks good and sells itself ;)

incidentaly I also had an offer of an apiary site whilst out and about selling :D

I`ve bought standard 1lb honey jars and the smaller 1/2lb version.

Darren.

I am doing 8ox hex jar this year. just bought 216 jars for £58 inc gold lids.

Will be selling it at £2.70 per jar or £5 for 2.

Sell at £4:00 for 1lb jar and £5:00 for 1/2 lb comb - no driving around- they come to my front door.- I'm happy.

Sell at £4:00 for 1lb jar and £5:00 for 1/2 lb comb - no driving around- they come to my front door.- I'm happy.

as long as you're happy thats the main thing :)

personnaly I dont want hundreds of jars sitting around the house. they are no good to me sitting under the stairs, they are far better off being in a shop and the money in the bank :)

Hex jars look better.

Certainly in the half pound version they look vastly better than the squat half pounds.

Your jar and label are one half of the job, getting your honey up to a good standard is the other part.

PH

Latest posts

Back