What`s happened now??

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alphakillpestie

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
It`s been a bad year so I`m left with 2 for now
Just need some advice guys, I have a couple of swarms hived in my garden waiting for the move to my out apiary.

Left the house this afternoon and found a queen quite alone with no retinue sitting on the step, both swarms are now bringing in pollen readily and I`m loath to disturb them much.

I have had a couple of colonies in the out apiary fail the VQ mating flight and are now laying drones because the weather has made if difficult.

Could it have been one of my new queens? I know it is most likely but why would she be out of the hive so exposed?

This is a new one to me

Well i'm intrested Alphak though I don't have any advice for you.

Sorry, that was a serious suggestion about 2 queens, I find it happens fairly often.

Highly unlikely a new swarm would be taking in pollen without a queen, but you could always have a look if you are concerned.

Chris

here`s an update,

this morning found a small clump of bees on the deck beneath the hive, on investigation found them around HM, anyway she was in much better shape than when I last saw her and very quick on her pins.

To cut a long story short, I picked her up and put her through the hole in the crown board, so I`ll see what happens in the next 4 hours and if the girls calm down a little

Latest posts

Back