What price cut comb?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, but they are 'Reely Speshul'. Come in fancy rappers (well, OK could be like chinese take-away trays wiv cling film on the top - but are pwoperly seeled in. And they are delivered FREE in the UK.

I find the description really quaint in funny sort of way. Edible wax, will last years but has use-by date (which may severely bemuse the purchaser!), 'hexagonal pockets', 'exactly uniform' (seems a bit woolly - a bit of a oxymoron?). But then, at that price, they must be selling to who?

Regards, RAB

Is that site some sort of a wind up? Looking at the jars, they are charging £70 for OSR honey...if those sorts of prices are working, I'll give up the day job.

Presumably they must be feeding the bees something special so that their wax is edible.....

Must see if I can flog some CC at this price. I shall then be posting from my 200m yacht anchored somewhere in the Mediterranean.

I am selling on sale or return at £4 per 8oz+

Recommending the retailer sells at £5-95

I retail here at £4-50 per 8oz+

PH

It is thanks yes.

Please note that the prices I quoted are for blossom and I would expect Heather to command a further £1-£2 per piece.

PH

Surely the decimal point's in the wrong place? Even at that it's seriously tourist prices!

Surely the decimal point's in the wrong place? Even at that it's seriously tourist prices!

Don't think it's a mistake, I risked clicking the "Buy" button and was taken to the paypal payment page, where the price is still £70/lb!!!! To be fair UK delivery is free, presumably next hour via especially chartered helicopters!

for you guys producing CC.

could you share any tips on how you get the comb to look its best please?

some (actually, most) of the frames that have come out of my supers would fall short of what would be expected from CC by a mile :blush5:

My honey is just local- nothing fancy- and I get £4 for 1lb jars and £5 for 1/2lb comb honey - and yes, it is selling - they just walk up to my front door!

Comb honey - I just used non wired foundation- waited till it was totally sealed. Sliced it into 4 portions with a knife and dropped into plastic lidded containers without ever touching by hand- they look pristine

Last edited:
PH is the cut comb guru, I have no real experience but what I did was put in a single frame on chosen hives when the flow was good.......too late now. I removed an already drawn frame from a chosen slot to put in the unwired....my choice criterea was, already drawn and partly sealed each side and not protruding overly into what would be cut comb space, fairly central and to achieve that I occasionally moved some frames to achieve the best space. Also my friend said he found putting the cut comb in the second super up reduced the incidence of pollen. I think PH only produces cut comb so maybe he gets odd dodgy frames, but I expect he will come along and answer as well.

Frisbee

The price worked out per Kg as recommended by PH is

Trade.......£18
Retail.......£26
Doorstep...£20
Heather up to £4.50 more per kg

So the retail price is about the same as Erichalfbee's Cumbria shop. I haven't read the outrageous link.

Frisbee

This will probably sound like a stupid question but do you put foundation on for cut comb honey or do you let the bees fill the boxes without it.

You can buy thin un-wired foundation for cut comb.
EDIT:eek:ops sorry Fris..

Latest posts

Back