What is this?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does ’seem’ as if it has a genetic element, though as mentioned I’ve only just begun to research it.

I feel much more confident when people "show their working" in these sorts of cases :)

For instance, I believe the NBU suggests that requeening is a possible means of control, but that just leaves me wondering why requeening would be a control for a viral problem. If they said "Evidence suggests that some genetic strains have lower resistance to sacbrood, so changing the genetics by replacing the queen may help" then I'd feel more confident in their advice. That may just be me being a difficult old bugger though. I find it a useful character trait in the modern world :D

James

That brings the 'illusion of truth' to mind, you hear the same information repeatedly and come to believe it is true. Long live "difficult old buggers". reckon we need a difficult old bugger smiley icon or even a tribute to Auguste Rodin's The thinker.

Latest posts

Back