What is the best OA vaporiser?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Climax Class 2 DIN Silicone Full Face Mask for use with 725 Filters - [CL-731-S] - (LP) - (NICE)​

CODE

CL-731-S

Have looked at the videos re masks. Thanks for the recommendation. Have met him and have 2 of his overwintered nucs. I enjoy his videos in general.
On a serious note I will be wearing the officially recommended PPE assuming I go down the vaping route. Need to follow the advice that prevention is better than cure that I have been recommending for years.

I purchased one direct from the Polish company that makes them InstantVap Battery Powered Cordless Oxalic Acid Vaporizer due to Kamon Reynolds utube review he has been flooded with orders. Have not used it yet but looks like a solid unit. Love the fact it works with powertool batteries I already have. Cost £270 and import duty of £65. (batteries not included)

It looks a better option than a sublimox, much cheaper as well. I watched his video and liked the idea that it was compatible with so many battery options.
Will you let us know how it goes when you use it?

Last edited:
I purchased one direct from the Polish company that makes them InstantVap Battery Powered Cordless Oxalic Acid Vaporizer due to Kamon Reynolds utube review he has been flooded with orders. Have not used it yet but looks like a solid unit. Love the fact it works with powertool batteries I already have. Cost £270 and import duty of £65. (batteries not included)
The price has gone up since you purchased one. Ordered one myself, 4 to 5 weeks wait for delivery, looking forward to using it.

The price has gone up since you purchased one. Ordered one myself, 4 to 5 weeks wait for delivery, looking forward to using it.
Ouch, yes 278€ to 350€ that's a shame, I thought it was a good price point i.e. cheaper than the sublimox, provap etc. and better features - oxalic acid loading and more mobile with the power tool battery. Fingers crossed the build quality doesn't suffer with the production scale up.

I also make hardwood caps to go on the 'cap' as it gets very hot in use and you either need a pair of welders gloves or asbestos fingers.
I use the thick leather ‘beekeeping’ gloves I bought as a newbie!

I use the thick leather ‘beekeeping’ gloves I bought as a newbie!
The trouble is with gloves is that the cap still remains hot so you either have to have enough caps to do all your hives (or at least 5 if you have more - and somewhere to put the caps whilst they cool (they make nice little rings on the roofs of poly hives to match the rings from the hot smoker !).

With two hardwood caps you can pick them up, put them upside down on the next roof to cool and by the time you've vaped the first hive the first cap is cool enough to add the OA into the first cup.

I've also added three layers of silicon sheet (The sort sold as baking sheets) to the heat shield of my Gasvap which stop me burning my fingers on that as it gets quite hot.

Please remember that you are applying agri protection products.
You need to see cosshh regulations PPE regulations and other pesticide regs in in uk. It seems strange the law in uk. Some must have a pesticide license and are under the full threat of the law. Then regular joe can do as they please spray a bit here and a bit their. Then years later you notice little lump growing or brain going mad. Use a full face mash with correct filters. Look on safety supply company they cost about €70. I used to wear mine to the shops aswell.

It's interesting that the manufacturer of Apibioxal recommends only A P2 filter. I assume because the material is no longer in a gaseous state by the time it comes out of the delivery device. However the air bourne crystal will cause damage to any expose mucous membrane so protect them all including eyes.

"Special precautions to be taken by the person administering the medicinal product to animals: Because of possible contact dermatitis and irritation of the skin, eyes and respiratory tract, direct skin and, eye contact and inhalation of the powder should be avoided. When handling the powder (both during vaporisation phase and pre-treatment phases) wear protective mask conforming to European Standard EN149 (type FFP2), gloves and protective glasses. After application, wash hands and the material being in contact with the product with soap and water. In case of skin contact, wash thoroughly the affected area with soap and water. In case of eye contact, wash the eyes thoroughly with copious amounts of clean running water and seek medical advice. Do not inhale. In case of accidental inhalation, breathe fresh air. If the individual has difficulty breathing seek immediate medical advice and show the product label. "

The trouble is with gloves is that the cap still remains hot so you either have to have enough caps to do all your hives (or at least 5 if you have more - and somewhere to put the caps whilst they cool (they make nice little rings on the roofs of poly hives to match the rings from the hot smoker !).

With two hardwood caps you can pick them up, put them upside down on the next roof to cool and by the time you've vaped the first hive the first cap is cool enough to add the OA into the first cup.

I've also added three layers of silicon sheet (The sort sold as baking sheets) to the heat shield of my Gasvap which stop me burning my fingers on that as it gets quite hot.
Like the silicon sheet idea. I take my metal varroa board with me and put everything on that.

Latest posts

Back