What insurance options are out there?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wingy

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Just wondering what insurance options are available and costs / level of cover.
This year I will be trying to keep to about 20 hives (presently got 13 + 8 Nucs). I will be placing colonies on 3 farms, have some on my allotment and my breeding stock in the garden at home.
Security wise home & allotment are ok and although the locations on the farms are in areas the public should not be and away from general view there are signs that people do pass by, possibly dog walkers etc.
Looking for theft / damage cover In particularly.
Thanks

Check your household insurance, most hobby beekeepers are covered, if not ask them. It should work out cheaper.

You may also want to ask yourself what you need insurance for ?

Just wondering what insurance options are available and costs / level of cover.
This year I will be trying to keep to about 20 hives (presently got 13 + 8 Nucs). I will be placing colonies on 3 farms, have some on my allotment and my breeding stock in the garden at home.
Security wise home & allotment are ok and although the locations on the farms are in areas the public should not be and away from general view there are signs that people do pass by, possibly dog walkers etc.
Looking for theft / damage cover In particularly.
Thanks
Your BBKA insurance will cover you for public liability. Your house insurance might cover losses at home but I'd be doubtful if it would cover them anywhere else.
Covering for theft is extremely expensive in my experience hence none of mine are covered, I just try to make them as inaccessible and invisible as possible.

Latest posts

Back