What do you think? re: pollen guide

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kazmcc

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
None, although I have my eye on one ( Just don't tell Dusty ;) )
I got my Hoopers today :) That will give me something to stick my nose into for the next few weeks. As I now have free postage, I am going to order another book and I really want a pollen guide. I have found this one [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pollen-Identification-Cards-William-D-J/dp/0860982637/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1280782036&sr=1-1"]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pollen-Identification-Cards-William-D-J/dp/0860982637/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1280782036&sr=1-1[/ame]
I understand it isn't as compreshensive as A Colour Guide to Pollen Loads of the Honey Bee, but it is cheaper and money is tight ( school hols :( ) so, is this any good? Would you recommend it, or wait until I can afford the Pollen Loads one?

I don't know , but it helps me lol

I don't know , but it helps me lol

Just bookmarked it, I think i've been refered to it before but thanks for the reminder :)

I don't think I've ever seen a bee with THAT colour pollen! But then again, I've always run away screaming from buzzing things so I never took much notice of what they had on their legs lol. How things have changed :)

hi kazmcc, I have the pollen ID card that you are looking at and they are ok but a little fiddly in the field, the pollen chart I use pretty much all the time is called "pocket pollen colour guide" about £1.50 from most suppliers, compact and easy to use, I have several books on pollen identification but I always seem to use this little guide.

Enzo

hi kazmcc, I have the pollen ID card that you are looking at and they are ok but a little fiddly in the field, the pollen chart I use pretty much all the time is called "pocket pollen colour guide" about £1.50 from most suppliers, compact and easy to use, I have several books on pollen identification but I always seem to use this little guide.

Enzo

the one by stephen hardy, well worth the £1.18p from my local apiarist supplier!!

Ahhh, I like :) Nice price too :) Thanks.

Back