What do you HATE about beekeeping?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMH

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
It may have been asked before but what do you dislike about your favourite hobby?

I HATE putting together frames. It is mindless, boring, horrible work!

not being allowed to do the work needed to keep up with 40 colonies by my wife.

not being allowed to do the work needed to keep up with 40 colonies by my wife.

Ha ha yes know the feeling and I only have a few hives! The tennis, cricket and helping with two under 3s all get pressurised as well.

Constant battle with keeping things non sticky - propolis is a real bind.

The crimes against heat transfer committed in the name of apidology
The revocation of their GCSE physics that occurs when someone studies entomology at university.

The crimes against heat transfer committed in the name of apidology
The revocation of their GCSE physics that occurs when someone studies entomology at university.

The only reason I understand your findings is because I did a bit on her dynamics at college when studying air conditioning and refrigeration. I never worked in AC or refrigeration, but it's helped with the bees!

The only reason I understand your findings is because I did a bit on her dynamics at college when studying air conditioning and refrigeration. I never worked in AC or refrigeration, but it's helped with the bees!
The bees bloody well flying off every time after we have spent serious time and money seeing the ungrateful bastards through the winter. Also being stung, queens hiding, and beeing( pardon the pun) addicted.

The bees bloody well flying off every time after we have spent serious time and money seeing the ungrateful bastards through the winter. Also being stung, queens hiding, and beeing( pardon the pun) addicted.

:beatdeadhorse5:

I hate early April when my fingers get so itchy to delve inside but my head tells me to leave them alone....for now

I hate not having the space, time and money to have more.
I dislike..
Getting stung
Wet miserable weather when I need to inspect
Cold miserable weather when I'd like to inspect
People who though knowledgable and experienced can't seem to understand that not everybody's bees are the same and might be doing something different to their own.
Also those that get shirty or overly sarcastic with people for asking questions that might seem obvious to them.

Getting Stung
Bees that don't follow what you want them to do!
Poor weather when the flora is in abundance.

It may have been asked before but what do you dislike about your favourite hobby?

Try plastic frames! The second pic shows the frames as purchased but I usually cut off the "wires". The two halves open like a book - just insert the foundation.

Attachments

• DSCN1732.jpg
    DSCN1732.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCN1731.jpg
    DSCN1731.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 25

Buy a nail gun. And make up a frame jig to hold 8-10 frames.

Speeds up assembly by a a factor of 5-10.

Back