What do you do with your honey money?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far I think I've spent about £1000 and still haven't even got 1 jar of honey. "Next year Rodney, we'll be......"? Guess it might be a few years before I buy my Ferrari.😭

You and me both 😂

Maybe go for a Kia instead 😉

So far I think I've spent about £1000 and still haven't even got 1 jar of honey. "Next year Rodney, we'll be......"? Guess it might be a few years before I buy my Ferrari.😭

...sounds familiar around here too.

Our honey pays staff wages, what's left gets reinvested,
Not paid anything to ourselves for ten years, satisfaction comes from customers praising the product & coming back year on year.
Life isn't all about financial gain, nothing better than stood in an apiary, brew in hand, watching the world go by.

Purchases a used immaculate under counter freezer today for £25 advertised on Gumtree noticed the add Wed's pm sent the seller a message and collected it today, only 7 miles away. Spent an hour messing about and now have a new honey warming cabinet. Should be much more efficient then my insulated ply box.

Purchases a used immaculate under counter freezer today for £25 advertised on Gumtree noticed the add Wed's pm sent the seller a message and collected it today, only 7 miles away. Spent an hour messing about and now have a new honey warming cabinet. Should be much more efficient then my insulated ply box.
What mods did you make?

The only real mod was to drill an 8mm hole in the back at low level to feed my ST1000 stat probe and 240v flex through, removed the two 12" heaters from the old wooden box and wired/fixed them in place using PU18 sealant and also used the sealant on the wire entry & exit. Both heaters are wired in parallel
The ST1000 I have panel mounted in a clip lock box and all the electrics are inside, then stuck the clip lock box to the outside of the freezer with more PU18. PU18 is air cured and is pretty much set initially within 10mins, I may use a 5v fan and a 1s 2p lion pack to waft the air about if I think it is necessary.
I can get one 30lb bucket at mid height and the bottom and top can be used for jars.

This is going in the new 16' x 8' insulated shed I have built for her indoors, mostly it is to contain her rowing boat, tread mill, punch bag and exercise bike. I have one end which will be for honey extraction and jarring.

This is going in the new 16' x 8' insulated shed I have built for her indoors, mostly it is to contain her rowing boat, tread mill, punch bag and exercise bike. I have one end which will be for honey extraction and jarring.

Gosh, she must be an Amazon! I bet you have to mind your Ps and Qs......

Gosh, she must be an Amazon! I bet you have to mind your Ps and Qs......

No where near quite the opposite, , < 5' and piled on a few lbs so just does gentle exercise she has one them stupid watch things that counts steps etc.
Beekeeping wise I have no issue as she is the one who started it all off in the first place. I probably spend less on the beekeeping then she does on frocks and shoes.

For exercise I prefer to go out a ride properly on the roads and off road on my various bikes.

No where near quite the opposite, , < 5' and piled on a few lbs so just does gentle exercise she has one them stupid watch things that counts steps etc.
Beekeeping wise I have no issue as she is the one who started it all off in the first place. I probably spend less on the beekeeping then she does on frocks and shoes.

For exercise I prefer to go out a ride properly on the roads and off road on my various bikes.

Which bikes do you have? Or should I say wattbike? :D

Latest posts

Back