What did you do in the 'workshop' today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that where the posts go that when you click on a topic it says that the content is no longer available? I’ve often clicked on an interesting looking link without success….
No , I don't think so .. that's usually where someone has posted a link to somewhere off forum and either the external content had been removed or relocated and the original link will not be directed to it. You sometimes find it in old threads ... if you are clicking on a post where it has been removed by the mods then you will see a note to say it has been deleted. If it is a thread that you are clicking on that has been removed to the pesticides environmental and political section then you won't be able to see the whole thread unless you ask for entry to thus section... if you can pm me with an example of what you can't see I can be more specific...

It's in the environmental and political section ,....

https://beekeepingforum.co.uk/forums/pesticides-environmental-political-issues.19/
Just go there and request access and you can carry on without offending the more sensitive souls on here ... it's all there, not deleted, just obscured from general view.
Apologies. I had no idea that Environmental issues had absolutely no connection with beekeeping and thus had its own section, along with politics......... :rolleyes:
Lesson learnt.....for a fair few of us on here I think? It would have been nice to have been informed that the posts had been removed from this section. Also that we had all been denied access until we apply to read what we had written, in another section. It's getting a bit 'BBKA' on this forum! :laughing-smiley-014

Apologies. I had no idea that Environmental issues had absolutely no connection with beekeeping and thus had its own section, along with politics......... :rolleyes:
Lesson learnt.....for a fair few of us on here I think? It would have been nice to have been informed that the posts had been removed from this section. Also that we had all been denied access until we apply to read what we had written, in another section. It's getting a bit 'BBKA' on this forum! :laughing-smiley-014
When I moved the thread there is an option to inform all the participants. The box was ticked. I’m sorry you didn’t get notification. I can look into why.
And surely it’s not difficult to ask to join?

Last edited:
Also that we had all been denied access until we apply to read what we had written
With the old forum you would automatically be given access after reaching a minimum number of posts, unfortunately that algorithm was lost when the forum was updated, now it's just a matter of asking - there is no 'qualifying criteria' it's just to avoid any casual users from stumbling into it and getting their delicate sensitivities hurt 😁

Well . .. firstly, that section has been there for some years.. it was established in the previous forum ownership. If you hadn't noticed that it was there then I'm not sure how we could draw your attention to it. As dani says ... we normally tick the box that lets people know if posts or threads are removed or relocated ... there should be a notice sent to you if you had posted on that thread... if you had not posted then obviously you would not get a notification.

There's nothing prescriptive about this forum and moderation is very light. The PEP section is not restricted... its just hidden from public view - entry is free on demand. I'm not sure how else we could do things ? There are bee-related issues in that section but they tend to be occasionally fractious matters so best not seen by casual guests to the forum. We have to assume that menbers are capable of exploring the forum in its entirety and (as you did) ask if there is something they cannot access...

When I moved the thread there is an option to inform all the participants. The box was ticked. I’m sorry you didn’t get notification. I can look into why.
And surely it’s not difficult to ask to join?
I was not informed, to my knowledge. I am not in the habit of chasing threads and posts around, to find where they have gone. The message I got was: You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action. Ohhh errr o_O

I was not informed, to my knowledge. I am not in the habit of chasing threads and posts around, to find where they have gone. The message I got was: You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action. Ohhh errr o_O
Well you know how to fix it now.
In the past when that’s happened folk have got in touch with me or Philip to ask

We have to assume that menbers are capable of exploring the forum in its entirety and (as you did) ask if there is something they cannot access...
I must put my explorer trousers on then!
I dare say this post will be heading the same way?
NHS - Poor Cost Control :willy_nilly:

As I've posted before I'm revamping some WBC lifts at the moment. Today I came across a lift that although generally ok the joints were very lose and wobbly. I couldn't take it to bits without destroying it due to the amount of nails driven into the joints. My solution was to apply a bead of polyurethane glue to the crack of the joints. (at today's temps the glue is quite thick and didn't pentetrate the gap) I then warmed the glue with a hot air gun which reduced the viscosity and allowed it to be drawn into the joint due to capillary attraction. As the warmed glue expanded it locked the joint solid! Now sanded down and painted it looks pretty decent.

As I've posted before I'm revamping some WBC lifts at the moment. Today I came across a lift that although generally ok the joints were very lose and wobbly. I couldn't take it to bits without destroying it due to the amount of nails driven into the joints. My solution was to apply a bead of polyurethane glue to the crack of the joints. (at today's temps the glue is quite thick and didn't pentetrate the gap) I then warmed the glue with a hot air gun which reduced the viscosity and allowed it to be drawn into the joint due to capillary attraction. As the warmed glue expanded it locked the joint solid! Now sanded down and painted it looks pretty decent.
Ingenious.

As the temperature rose to 7C today I worked in the garage with heater and:
Rebuilt solar wax smelter which I originally built from pallet wood in 2015.
And
Changed heating system in home made incubator from 40w bulb to solid state heater . Checked it all worked ok.

Well I know have 150 supers ready for the new season not all with wax and comb but frames at least made, 100 have drawn comb.
Now concentrating on poly nucs, floors for nationals and roofs for the next month untill my new delivery of supers and broods come. :giggle::coffee:

Finished working on frames. 850 recycled...old comb removed. Frames cleaned up, grooves cleaned using hot water and a groove scraper, and ready for foundation. Built 1000 deep and 1000 medium frames...glued and stapled. Now it's on to making more 2-way mating nucs to continue the changeover from 4-way to 2-way. Plastic Acorn foundation should arrive next week. The foundation will be dipped in hot beeswax and installed. Come on spring...first pollen more than 2 months away.

Finished working on frames. 850 recycled...old comb removed. Frames cleaned up, grooves cleaned using hot water and a groove scraper, and ready for foundation. Built 1000 deep and 1000 medium frames...glued and stapled. Now it's on to making more 2-way mating nucs to continue the changeover from 4-way to 2-way. Plastic Acorn foundation should arrive next week. The foundation will be dipped in hot beeswax and installed. Come on spring...first pollen more than 2 months away.
Do you reuse your wax Michael making foundation, or do you exchange?

Latest posts

Back