What did you do in the 'workshop' today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you got some pictures ?

Labels have a slight sheen finish to them and are thermal printed so no ink is needed at all, so another expense not required. They can only be printed in Black & White, The text & layout is user defined incorporating various font and letter/number print size. Labels are loaded on a spool so in the preferences one decides on the print run number.
Used Label printers on ebay, bidding starts about £20ish. They can be bagged from anything to about £60.

Pics from phone camera, beg pardon for fuzzy appearance. Despite the appearance, in the flesh the printing is sharp and smudge free straight from printing. Vitally the finish is water proof unlike some paper labels readily available.

25mm x 54mm label.
IMG_20211001_143457 (2).jpg

These are sample/tests, labels are 54mm x 101mm.
Keeping them simple looking and layout imho is better then stock labels from suppliers.
As can be seen I chose simple Pooh themed Gifs for my pics.
IMG_20211001_143336 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Danish oiled a few pallet ekes, got some of the Lidl shelving in place in the work area and it's filled already... But the work area is half tidy now! I've already got a few more pallets to break down to make more ekes and some of the wood is well wide enough to make supers with.

Labels have a slight sheen finish to them and are thermal printed so no ink is needed at all, so another expense not required. They can only be printed in Black & White, The text & layout is user defined incorporating various font and letter/number print size. Labels are loaded on a spool so in the preferences one decides on the print run number.
Used Label printers on ebay, bidding starts about £20ish. They can be bagged from anything to about £60.

Pics from phone camera, beg pardon for fuzzy appearance. Despite the appearance, in the flesh the printing is sharp and smudge free straight from printing. Vitally the finish is water proof unlike some paper labels readily available.

25mm x 54mm label.
View attachment 28566

These are sample/tests, labels are 54mm x 101mm.
Keeping them simple looking and layout imho is better then stock labels from suppliers.
As can be seen I chose simple Pooh themed Gifs for my pics.
View attachment 28567
Thermal printing that I have used in the past go grey and fuzzy if left in sunlight. Is this a different system?

Thermal printing that I have used in the past go grey and fuzzy if left in sunlight. Is this a different system?

From what I read they fade after 6 -12 months so for short term honey labels likely not an issue.

Last edited:
Have just got these from eBay for the princely sum of £41. Need to drive to pick them up next weekend but should make. Nice winter project to get on with though.

Screenshot_20211002-134755.jpg

Rushed response to a sudden wasp inundation

wasp baffles.jpg

I already had ones on some other hives.

Whereas what I really need to do is get on and finish the underfloor entrances I had been knocking together

UFEs.jpg

I united two colonies both on UFE, when I removed the unused slab base of one (the slab raised up on brick's) I found a mouse had nicely made a warm nest in the very dry space under the slab. I'm happy to let them prosper as they can't enter the UFE entrance.

Cut a sheet of insulation to put under the wormery which was then installed in the poly tunnel.. Outside 14C inside 28C.

Met the secretary of the Orkney Bee assoc at Maxton church doing the St Cuthbert way.

PH

Latest posts

Back