What did you do in the 'workshop' today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice bit of wood work Colin but will that deep bottom bee space cause any problems with wild comb being drawn on the bottom of the frames.

I have some issues with some of my boxes where the frames hang below the box. I needed to make a bit of room to allow for that. None of my colonies seem to build burr below frames even though there is 2-5 bee spaces to the mesh floors. We will see.

I replied to my own thread which is the before paint photo, didn't take a post paint photo yet. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

b3480263df07c5d37cc14ae95b0d800a.jpg

I told you they were blue ;)

That's better..:D

Cobbled together off photos you posted of yours. Should have left a space for vaping but was planning on just using the entrance. Once painted realised the gap is too small for the varrox. [emoji19]but will modify the design next year.

Cobbled together off photos you posted of yours. Should have left a space for vaping but was planning on just using the entrance. Once painted realised the gap is too small for the varrox. [emoji19]but will modify the design next year.

You could cut a little slot out of the back to take the Varrox with a little hinged door that you can close up once you are done vaping.

You could cut a little slot out of the back to take the Varrox with a little hinged door that you can close up once you are done vaping.

Yes I have seen that done so will do it next year when I swap back to OMF

you've got lots of open space below the frames in those floors - be prepared for loads of brace comb below the bottom bars.

Had already discussed this above. Had issues with frame sizes and some bought boxes which is why they are deep. If I get burr comb I will add a sheet of wood to raise the floor but keep the entry open. We will see. They are on double brood and show little interest in burr comb despite the previous floors having space for it.

Finished off a honey warming cabinet which is about the same dimensions as a fridge but is 7ft tall. Should be just about to get everything in there!

Made solid floors for my 3 hives with underfloor entrances. Just need to find time to paint them now.
8cc7ca1a95810285be4b22f049e126c3.jpg

Just been looking a bit closer at these - tghey're not rerallu underfloor entrances are they - just normal front entrances but with a lot deeper entrance blocks so the bees come in under the frames rather than entering under the floor.

Yeah I missed that design feature, so at some point they will be modified. Not sure the subtle difference will bother the bees though

Just been looking a bit closer at these - tghey're not rerallu underfloor entrances are they - just normal front entrances but with a lot deeper entrance blocks so the bees come in under the frames rather than entering under the floor.

Your Spelling is terrible at times old chap.. lol , similar has been mentioned so you can calm down now.

So's your language - often. My spelling is down to illness - what's your excuse

Take a chill pill i was messing about, i thought you had a sense of humor also, if it was a newbie or someone with dyslexia i would not comment, sorry if i offended you and i did not know you had a illness, also i'm the last one who should comment on spelling or grammar as i am useless.

View attachment 14850

Finally got round to making a stand for my honey bucket so that the scales now fit under the tap.

Slow but definite progress!

I am considering this for the near future. Useful to include a mechanism to tip the bucket, incrementally up to 45 degrees or so to avoid getting scum in the jars from the surface of the honey in the bucket.
I apologise if you have this but it is not visible in the photo to my eyes.

Latest posts

Back