What did you do in the 'workshop' today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The warmth and comfort of the kitchen. Better than the hum drum of the rat race any day:laughing-smiley-004

I'm in the wife's good books after finally getting the garage shelved out and all bee equipment stored away instead of it dotted in all her storage spaces.

So how come I’ve only had my bees since June last year but I have so much equipment does it ever end. I feel I have been very lucky though picked up several swarms and done church cut out. Roll on this season. And work has asked if I would like to go back to working 5 days again instead of 3 long days. I think not as gives me 4 beedays.

I take it that you agree that it is as good as the ads say then?

Yes

Very good. As is 5 minute PU glue.. (Gorilla is PU)

:iagree:
The best glue I have used, buy PU from a builders merchant as it is much cheaper than Gorilla brand

Hope the glue does not get eaten by the fungus.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Polyurethane Adhesive is great glue in the right application but the 5min stuff is a pain, to fast setting for BB’s in my honest opinion. I could just about keep up with it when assembling especially if all the surfaces were to receive an even coat of glue and if you encountered a problem or a minute delay it could all get very messy. I much preferred the 30 min PU glue that gave plenty of time for good application and less mess.

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Adh...od+Adhesive+750g+30+Minute/d180/sd3198/p52489

Building a topbar hive. Almost complete.
Sorry its what I've been doing and using PVA

Last edited:
We know bees that can produce PU, that and yellow rain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like half inch Tricoflex Keith . Anything but cheap .......

G

Would you be selling those 2 rolls of garden hose you are not using, cheap.

Yes, but postage would be a killer, pity you cant collect.
They are 50m rolls that I got for filling my pond up (join em) but it rained instead :icon_204-2:

There is also a glimpse of my KTM enduro bike which is also available :biggrinjester:

PM me if interested

Pete D

Anyone spot anything else they want............ garage sale

Ground source heat pump ?

Pete D

If they have any sapwood, as many seconds do, then they will need treating to prevent rot, if all heartwood, then no treatment needed really,unless for cosmetic purposes.

{stupid hat mode on} How do I know if I have sapwood? {stupid hat mode off}

I feel like it's one of those questions where if you have to ask then heaven help you as it's blatantly obvious to all. But I cheer myself up with the thought that there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.

Building a topbar hive. Almost complete.
Sorry its what I've been doing and using PVA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by stuart; Yesterday at 09:32 PM..

No apologies needed - I was doing the same last night ... fourth one I've made - this one out of reclaimed pallets !

Last edited:
Pete
I will wait till you have painted all the brood boxes then make you an offer !!

Pete
I will wait till you have painted all the brood boxes then make you an offer !!

They are all std nationals mate, I see you run 14x12, I have already made and painted half a dozen 14 x 12s but they are all earmarked for use as soon as spring has sprung. :paparazzi:
60 Supers to make after these are finished. :hairpull:

Having said that I am always open to offers.............

Pete D

Back