Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

understanding_bees 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
It's a play on one of these
Yes Dani, I know it was a play on words, but you could not make very good honey frames with that stapler. I am reminded of a scene from Crocodile Dundee, where a young hoodlum produced a knife. Paul Hogan, playing the role of “Crocodile Dundee” said, “That’s not a knife, this is a knife!” and then drew out a much more intimidating weapon.

Allow me to say, “That’s not a stapler, This is a stapler”. Attached is a photo of my nailing gun which I obtained for a very reasonable price. I do not know whether any of the tool suppliers in UK stock this brand, Unimac, but my nail gun has performed very well, and I have the impression that it is probably just as well built as many other nail guns sold here for twice the price. I was fortunate to get mine as a sale special, for less than $200. It uses a 20v Lithium battery, and is very easy to use. This nail gun has made frame assembly a pleasurable experience for me.

Attachments

Curly green finger's 

Apiculturist to the bones!
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
seems some people are devoid of any humour or imagination
I've noticed that the humor and imagination levels in the UK seem to go up when winter falls on us, even more so for beekeepers... Or is it we just have a unique sence of humor @Finman would tell you what he thinks of the British humor and imagination.

Erichalfbee 

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Well all I can say is the OZ staplers are bigger and better than ours.
Bit like the cricket 😉

Beebe 

A Scottish honey
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Owned by six
Nice typo ;)
Mine isn't entirely a typo ;) I was quoting someone verbatim at the time. The other disparity in my reply seemed to me to be in the spirit of foregoing discussion. ;) To quote @understanding_bees , ". . . and some people's sense of humour is very distorted."

Erichalfbee 

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Yes but you missed quoting it

rolande 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
A little while back I asked a new contact to repair a damaged flow tray from one of the old style steam wax extractors. The original was damaged and needed rewelding. Today, the original was returned, totally dismantled, complete with a brand new copy of much higher quality than the original. Nothing more than a jar of honey wanted in return which of course is far too little a charge for me to accept. IMG-20211211-WA0000.jpegIMG_20211211_160023.jpgIMG_20211211_155956.jpg

Swarm 

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
more than 30, less than 100.
Dismantled some old brood boxes and salvaged the usable parts ready to make some three frame nucs.

E&MBees 

Field Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Salvaged a perfect 2.5m length of 6x2” from a neighbour’s skip, having gained permission first! Hoping to make a couple more UFE’s.

Latest posts