What did you do in the Apiary today?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vaped all hives and nucs at my out apiary. Fed fondant to one nuc and one hive that were lighter than I expected. Plenty of bees though - I had to pop the crownboard of the hive and all seams had bees in right to the walls. I've no idea how deep they went though - just quickly added the fondant, eke and then closed up.

Vaped my colony on Sunday, went out today to check the mite drop - 3 mites on the board, I'll take that.
The bees were making the most of the weather - pollen going in, mostly white, some dark yellow almost brown.
Hive still feels nailed down with stores.
Fingers crossed they carry on doing well, split in the spring and never take 1 colony into winter again, it's nerve wracking!

15 degrees this afternoon, bees were out in force like it was summer, orientation flights as well as cleansing, amazing sight at this time of year.

Second OA vape of the three hives. Middle one had quite a drop (250+) and it looks like a fair bit of brood uncapping too. It’s been so mild here, I’m not sure the queens have stopped laying at all….
View attachment 29522
Definitely a few there .... Are you going to do another ?

Oh dear - nuthin again. Must try harder I suppose?

Spent a couple of hours strimming in the association apiary........... then got pinged by Test and trace....... LF tests he we come 😂😱

A little bit of sunshine
Bees flying like it was midsummer today ... sunshine this afternoon was a welcome change to the overcast skies of the last week - mind you - they clearly needed a flight ... 'er indoors car is well peppered with bee poo ....

Latest posts

Back