What did you do in the Apiary today?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ditto, never went near!!
However the temp is up a little ,the bees were working mahonia in both mine and my neighbours gardens :)
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Went and fitted the mouseguards . Also watched a queen wasp enter a hive, the cheeky madam.

Decided today would be a good day to move a hive as no foragers. To my surprise one of them had a few foragers at 7c?!!

Today, I did absolutely nothing in my apiary. :)

It's 10am, there's 2" of snow on the ground, and the temperature in 9F. Brrr

I wish I were there, are there any good downhill ski trails near you?

Thought all my girls had gone to bed for the winter but lots out flying today also saw them struggle with kicking out a drone trough the mouse guard

I wish I were there, are there any good downhill ski trails near you?

Yep, Jay Peak is 30 miles from me. Smuggler's Notch is about the same and that's where I ski. Small area but never any crowds during the week. There's an old trail through the woods, and over the mountain to Stowe, which is one of the best in the East. Caters to rich city folks so beyond my budget.

yep skied stowe is a good resort. I like sunday river to over the state at bethal, maine as well.

Snowing at my place, around 10-20cm of snow - vary from place to place. Bees are now finally in "winter mode"..
Before the snow carried by the wind I "gently" change the one hive position at the apiary, now I can sleep more peacefully..

Snowing at my place, around 10-20cm of snow - vary from place to place. Bees are now finally in "winter mode"..
Before the snow carried by the wind I "gently" change the one hive position at the apiary, now I can sleep more peacefully..

Hi all,
To my surprise one of my strongest hives were out in force today collecting Ivy pollen. Chucked out three purple eyed bees last week, so I assume she on another brood cycle. At this rate we be lucky to be broodless by Christmas!

Walked past our local park in Shirley Solihull and there are loads of blue crocuses out in flower ??? Does this mean less forage come February/march ??

Hi all,
To my surprise one of my strongest hives were out in force today collecting Ivy pollen. Chucked out three purple eyed bees last week, so I assume she on another brood cycle. At this rate we be lucky to be broodless by Christmas!

Walked past our local park in Shirley Solihull and there are loads of blue crocuses out in flower ??? Does this mean less forage come February/march ??

Welcome to 12-month beekeeping!

No need to worry, because there are autumn flowering Crocus.

Colchicum autumnalis/autumnale is often called "Autumn crocus" but it isn't a crocus, it's Lily family, but there are members of the Crocus family that flower in autumn.

Greeting from as someone here said "hot, hot, hot Croatia":D

I believe I don't have to explain that I didn't do much at the apiary.:)

Sat in my armchair apiary updating my hive notes for the season and preparing a new sheet to start again in spring, just transferred the relevant data.

Latest posts

Back