What did you do in the Apiary today?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got stung!!! Had bees for two seasons now and never been stung. Few flying this morning when sun on hives, but 3.30 pm all still. Was about ten feet behind hives moving a piece of fencing and got stung on the hand!!

Watched the You Tube clip at least one hundred times, then made my own fondant. Turned out ok, surprise surprise.

:thanks:My good friends and mentors came to help oxalic acid and check bees for me
They are doing really well, were out flying for part of day (bees not mentors)
Fed fondant from bako and trimmed kingspan to fit roofs.

Many thanks to caroline and bill for all their help

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

made a feeder eke / crownboard combo for a nuc, and added fondant.
also gave another tub (of fondant)to one of my full colonies

Gave them some syrup as it was a warmish day and they hadnt been fed this year (i did leave a full super on though.)

A bit late go give syrup really - you'd be wiser giving them some fondant if you really think they need a top-up

checked verroa floors after treatment yesterday
all 3 showed a large drop in mites even though only one floor was showing mites prior to treatment
i was only going to treat colony showing mite drop, but was advised by local expert beek to treat all, she was right, as usual !!

bee-smillie

Bees were out flying yesterday, not bringing anything in though, put some fondant on in a takeaway container. Fingers crossed that they make it through the winter.

Just watched them out and about today,put a container of fondant on last week as I suspect they are using their stores because they keep on flying:hairpull:

bottles and tried thhttp://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=7638&stc=1&d=1355240419e latest batch of meadhttp://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=7637&stc=1&d=1355240419

Nice one Tony can't wait to try it:hurray:

How did you get it to stay in the glass in the first pic?

Looks very clear well done

Latest posts

Back