what an idiot!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beeboybee

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
6 >12 - 14x12 + Nucs
currently feeding up my new Nuc thought i would top up the rapid feeder as i wont be around tomorrow... topped it up to the full level in my beginners haste to get the lid on the syrup bottle some how spilled more into the rapid feeder resulting in it overflowing into the hive and out the bottom..... probably about a cup full..... i covered it in a pile of bark chippings and poured a watering can of water onto it to try and wash it away....

apart from feeling like a right idiot what problems have i let myself in for...
:ack2::ack2::ack2:

If you have a small entrance on the nuc then it should be fine.

Yea dont worry about it (easier said than done).

I've done that too.

They will be fine.

was worrying about wasps all night will just have to see what's going on when i go tomorrow...hopfully some sunshine is on the way as well:hurray:

Don't worry they'll be fine! It's not just beginners haste that causes little spills like that! If it was late August and you'd done the same then worrying about robbing would certainly be justified.

C B

I was talking with a bee farmer yesterday who had done the very same thing at lunchtime,It can happen to anyone..

if your area is prone to ants, it could be worth protecting against them

Latest posts

Back