What about doing our own introduction?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roche

Queen Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Coming out of the beginners question thread, I thought why don't we, the beekeeing forum, figure out our own introductory guide to beekeeping?

At the core of beekeeping there are some fundamental things, like the lifecycles of the castes of bee, the annual cycle of a colony, things to look for in apiary sites and so on, that are not really contentious and that everyone can agree on. (We'll leave hive types out of it shall we?)

As people continually start beekeeping it may be helpful to have a document that gives a broad overview that we can point to and say - "read this, it may help". Over time it may develop further. If it is on line it can be collaborative, so no-one gets loaded with a lot of work. We have a lot of practical experience as well and that deserves to be included as well. As Admin said - we won't just tell people to use the search facility - we will continue to answer questions as they arise, which is part of the ethos of this forum, but we might have a really good starting point for people.

Thoughts anyone?

Beginners will never read it.......

It'll be full of conflicting advice..........

The whole point of a forum is for people to come and ask questions and get a real time answer, not a print out.

It's a good idea, but that's what books are for :)

Frisbee

Not sure about the last comment - seems that sometimes people here flame very quickly...

:) :grouphug: :boxing_smiley: :) :grouphug: :boxing_smiley: :boxing_smiley: :)

Beginners will never read it.......

It'll be full of conflicting advice..........

The whole point of a forum is for people to come and ask questions and get a real time answer, not a print out.

It's a good idea, but that's what books are for :)

Frisbee

I suppose what I am thinking of is a book, for those that don't go out and get one....

I agree Hawklord,it was the same on the forum this time last year.
I think we are all itching to get going again.

Latest posts

Back