Western Europe Heatwave 2021

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fizzle

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Really enjoyed the heatwave over the last week or so in parts (still had to work days). I think the plants and bees did too. Appreciate that other wildlife may have suffered a bit such as the fishes in our rivers but nature does balance things out. Sitting out in the garden and hearing sounds of world go by every evening has been nice.

Slán abhaile

I should add that I have enjoyed the threads on this lively forum and learned from them. Still not sure what's best practice but we live and we learn! :)

Really enjoyed the heatwave over the last week or so in parts (still had to work days). I think the plants and bees did too. Appreciate that other wildlife may have suffered a bit such as the fishes in our rivers but nature does balance things out. Sitting out in the garden and hearing sounds of world go by every evening has been nice.

Slán abhaile
30c is too much for me, always looking for shade, I notice the bee numbers at the water are increasing by the day, I think we are approaching drought conditions. A few hours of heavy rain would extend the flow, as the blackberry hasn't peaked yet.

30c is too much for me, always looking for shade, I notice the bee numbers at the water are increasing by the day, I think we are approaching drought conditions. A few hours of heavy rain would extend the flow, as the blackberry hasn't peaked yet.
A real drought dries the nectar up. Rain at night and hot days in a perfect world!

Its been mostly in around the mid 20's where I am with one exceptional day where it hit 30C. Temperature had dropped back now and heavy rain on the way tonight!

You can have all of our heatwave and send rain.. We are roasting on 35C, night temps over 20C.. One of the worst seasons so far in beekeeping.. Even some honeydew occur due to warm nights is vaporized during the day. Imagine joy of working in apiary on such weather.. Afterward when squeeze clothes, sweat is pouring.. No good.. We also had some sand from Sahara in the air and when watching in distance some grayish creeping haze like " nuclear weather" from movies about nuclear catastrophes.

Latest posts

Back