Wellies.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erichalfbee

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Can anybody recommend some decent wellies? They are for Stan who seems to wreck his boots with dismal regularity. I really need something that he won’t trash. Cheers

Cheap green ones from a farm supply store are longest living in my experience. Aigle are nice. Think most brands are mass made in China these days, a couple use the same place in France - IIRC Gumleaf are meant to be good and they are one, think the other is Le Chameau but not sure on longevity of the latter. I just use the cheap green ones until I occasionally put a garden fork through them!

this type lasted me around 5 years of continual daily use on a smallholding- Dunlop Purofort Professional Full Safety C462933
yes I think I might go for these Dunlop ones but not the safety ones. I’m married to a man who wants wellies for Christmas 😂

Can anybody recommend some decent wellies? They are for Stan who seems to wreck his boots with dismal regularity. I really need something that he won’t trash. Cheers

What on earth does he get up to in his wellies? Wears them day and night? Sleeps in them? My ?Dunlops are still as good as new after 10-15 years.
Mind you, we don't often see rain this side of the country....:sunning:

Probably a blast from the dim and distant past but local farmers swore by "Rockbusters" in my teens. There was a local guy sold all sorts of farm consumables from a shed next to his house. 🤔. My current wellies are some white ones with steel toecaps bought from eBay - useful for weddings too or so I'm told.

Latest posts

Back