Well how do'ya like that!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Not my lucky weekend really, got a beesting on my thumb not too much of a stress as I seem quite resiliant, and it just minorly irratates, but yesterday, a wasp stung me at work, in EXACTLY the same spot as the bee did! Now is this a pheramone issue or just me being damned unlucky, as wasps and hornets REALLY b**ger me up, I swell and get a tightness in my chest, but thats ok, say my hospital, as if it was a proper allergic reaction I would not betalking to them I'd just go into anaphylactic shock and die, So looking like Joseph Merrick in agony is nothing to worry about.
Bloody NHS....
Bloody wasps....

Also, I looked at my hive today, in the weekends aftermath, to find a very beautifull yet very much already hated, iridescent blue bird, the size of a finch, happily gorging on my bees!!!
*sigh*:ack2:
So any ideas of the bird? or even why a wasp hit on the bee sting?
My oh my, learning curve?

I think its a heat thing,they try to find the warmest spot to attack.

Frederick. Could it have been one of these?

ww.birdguides.com/species/species.asp?sp=087020

If so it was your lucky day after all.:)

Dil

That's funny - it works for me whether it's got 2 W's or 3 put with 2 you need to copy and paste into your browser.

I think Firefox will correct the link for you but not IE.

Oh ok, thanks, seemed a little like lighting striking twice! LOL! :D

I'm keeping a eye out now, as soon has I can 100% say what this feathered feind is, you guys will be the first to know, although I don't think its either one of those pete, its beak was shorter my dad seemed to think it could be one of these....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuthatch
Looks like a bee eater, but not as colourfull, I know cornwall is getting to be a bit of a immagrant paradise for odd species, but I do hope its not a bee eater....

I'll keep you posted, and if I can with photos! Cheers mate!

You know, I can't help but love your optimistic out look my friend! Superb! :D I've not been near the hive the last two days as its thundery and not too charming for my babies, so I can't say if this feathered muncher has returned...

We all want a photo - of the bee eater that might be, not your sting. :)

You know, its bloody typical, I've not seen it since, dad says its still there.... I'll try my best for pic guys!

did it look like this?

URL=http://video.google.co.uk/videosearch?hl=en&q=bee+eating&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=lXaMSsCsOp6NjAfjx83kCw&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4#"]http://video.google.co.uk/videosearch?hl=en&q=bee+eating&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=lXaMSsCsOp6NjAfjx83kCw&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4#[/URL]

[Admin edit:This is the page from the url above HERE]

Ha Ha, dunno, can't be bothered to re-type it all, and clicking doesn't work.

Maybe you could edit your post and get rid of the URL bits for us Rosti ? It looks like there might be two URL's joined together as well. Help. :)

Last edited:
Ha Ha, dunno, can't be bothered to re-type it all, and clicking doesn't work.

Maybe you could edit your post and get rid of the URL bits for us Rosti ? It looks like there might be two URL's joined together as well. Help. :)

Have you not heard of 'copy & paste'?

Yours Roy

Copying an error reproduces it. What's the point of that ? At 01:15am the game wasn't worth the candle. :)

Latest posts

Back