Well Chuffed

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ando

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi

Being a newbie and getting my first Bees this year I am well chuffed to say I did get some honey and entered it in to a local honey show, of which escapes me, I went away on Holiday and one of the members of the LRBKA entered it for me, anyway it Won Best In Class! I found out by email today! I'm well pleased as this is my first year and first lot of honey.

Cheers

Mark.

Nice one well done. :)

Well done indeed, may be you wuld like to tell us a bit more. When did you get your bees, how much honey have you got etc?
I am also a newbee, got my 5 frame nuc on 29/06/07, bees doing realy well, and starting to draw out and lay in frames each side of the nuc, but can't see me getting any honey this year.

Thats really good.
Well done.
I hope I am as successful with my Bees :cheers2:

HI

Thanks a lot, I got my bees at the beginning of May, 2 5 frame nucs, after a week of settling down I had both colonies inspected and found they had very bad varroa, so I treated with Apiguard but only managed to treat for 3 weeks until they had grown and needed more space, a super. the second colony had a big prob (me turning the hive 90deg and not realising the door was shut) and is now back on track with its first super. the first hive drawn out and filled a super in 3 weeks, so I decided to extract it and see what it was like, I managed to get 22lb off it, I think they was more but I guess it was my inexperience at extracting and decapping.

After coming back off me hols on sunday and the weather holding me off til looking in them yesterday the bigger colony have filled another super and started on a second, they have 3 to play with as I stuck on the extra to give them a bit more room while I was away, I guess as a 'just in case'. the second colony have drawn most of the super they have and I think I will leave them.

Cheers

Mark

Wow, well done! I'm very impressed. And also jealous.....:boxing_smiley:

Latest posts

Back