Weather

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithgrimes

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
28 October, North East of England. It's been 14 degrees here today. We had a frost Tuesday. This weather is doing my bloody head in :banghead:

Every flying day with pollen gathering I see as a bit of a bonus. :party:

28 October, North East of England. It's been 14 degrees here today. We had a frost Tuesday. This weather is doing my bloody head in :banghead:
about the same in Norwich.

Head is OK,, well....... apart from the tinitus.

Forget us.

What is important is the bees getting relatively regular cleansing flights.

I saw pollen being hauled in whole sale today, pic of one bee is on the winter thread I have running, and I have to wonder why? they LOL **should** be broodless now and so why do they need it? Storing it for Spring? Or just a matter of still tuned in to it from earlier in the year and so cant resist the sweeties?

Anyway lovely to see.

PH

Pleased to hear that PH.
It has to be a bonus after what you have been through to see some activity before the long winter.

Mine are collecting pollen wing over foot...and orientation flights a couple of days ago...

they LOL **should** be broodless now and so why do they need it

There doesnt appear to be much brood in my observation hive but they were out today and bringing back quite a lot of yellow pollen. There is still some space for them to put it..
Perhaps its akin to the panic we see when shoppers find out that the supermarket will be shut on a bank holiday.....:driving:

bees are opportunists ! if they can collect pollen / nectar, they will!!

Gorleston! I've just remembered (we lived in Leicester then) that that's where we had our first seaside holiday circa 1950!!

My bees are very busy, surrounded by front gardens full of still flowering shrubs...and acres of flowering ivy.

Richard

There isnt any pollen in Gorleston... The wind blows it all away...:smilielol5:

there's plenty around here, parks, gardens, cemeteries, etc, and the proximity to the sea means we don't get as cold as Norwich, :smilielol5:

Well I suppose it must still be warm there because we havent got your seagulls yet.

Latest posts

Back