Weather.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 National Hives & 1 Observation Hive.(Indoors) & lots of empty boxes..
Was going to use today to have last look in hives before I go away at the weekend for a week, but weather forecast for Norwich area was not good for today. Some rain I think they said but better for tomorrow.

Wrong. Lovely today. Could have done hives..... and tomorrow,,,???? yep, bet it rains...

Fingers crossed - wx should be good tomorrow - managed to unite a nuc and a queenless colony today in Nth Norfolk....a bit windy to be hones....tomorrow will be better!

Problem with Norwich is that it rains in one place but not around the corner...

Problem with Norwich is that it rains in one place but not around the corner...

Thats the laws of physics for you! I bet the rain would like to go round corners if it could :coolgleamA:

where in norwich are you? I live just out of norwich and could give you a hand if needs be?

where in norwich are you? I live just out of norwich and could give you a hand if needs be?

Dont know that I need a hand but you're welcome to come along for a laugh. You might find the obs hive interesting.

Near the showground.

if as most your bees are outside in normal hives, try buying a large cheap fisher mans umbrella as they are massive in size and allow you work under it with out the hive getting wet. its very usefull when you have a hive or two left to go through with a few spots of rain about

My hives are in a corner and it wouldnt be hard to put a sheet/tarp across the top of the wooden fence from one side to the other, or if I could get th ecampervan close to other sid eof the fence I could pull the awning out..

Forecasters talking about a warmer fortnight coming up - but it might have been Michael Fish :ack2:

Forecasters talking about a warmer fortnight coming up - but it might have been Michael Fish :ack2:
Well I hope its right 'cause I'm off up north for a week and a bit...

Blimey Dishmop, I work near the showground, if ever you need a babysitter I would be willing. And I would love to see TBH's in action and not just as show hives!

Blimey Dishmop, I work near the showground, if ever you need a babysitter I would be willing. And I would love to see TBH's in action and not just as show hives!
I am here this PM and Friday but going Saturday. Back on 20th

Latest posts

Back