Weather

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blodwen Price

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Anyone thought of using the forum to track weather conditions?

For example, I assume it must be raining all over today as the boards are pretty busy for the time of day, especially compared to last week.

On a serious note, after a relatively long period of warm weather last week (relative for the time of year) does a spell of cold wet as we have now have a disproportionately large effect on the bees?

Showers here ,13 C and very little wind. Bees are flying

This morning 8 deg C , cloudy but little breeze, down at the association apiary doing a few maintenance jobs and the bees were flying. A few dead hives though.

This afternoon at home picked up a bit to around 11 deg C my own were flying and bringing in healthy amounts of pollen, not done any inspection yet and probably won't for at least another couple of weeks or maybe more unless the temperature really picks up.

I really need to find one elusive 'dark' queen for marking

Here in london a bit of very light drizzle lunchtime but by 3.00pm sunny periods and 17c.....spring, daffs suddenly out, and flowering cherry just showing pink buds

My bees need some prolonged sunshine soon or i may lose more.....

Latest posts

Back