Weather!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
0 - Now in beeless retirement!
Weather vile again today. Wind, rain, lights switched on during the day.

Role on Spring.

Thought I'd share my misery in the hope it would cheer me up to hear about people in a worse state. Anyone still flooded?

Well the river next to my field was threatening to flood yesterday evening, but this morning it had gone down a bit.

Actually I like the winter. My work is seasonal, so I'm busy now. I only go on holiday in the winter......to colder places :) I really don't like it when it's hot and sticky in the summer, midges and flies are a pain. Shutting my chickens up at 3.30 is bliss.......
Just pointing out there is an upside to winter. I suppose as a beek I need to change my thoughts though (just a bit...............:hat:)

The worst floods in my field were in June 2007........I would put some pictures of the 2007 floods, but the computer system isn't having any of it at the moment......

I do feel for those who have suffered because of the weather.

Frisbee

I am completly isolated from what the weather is doing being in an air conditioned office with no windows. :(

Well in that case get your wellies out finman because its tipping down.

Dry sunny and +10C this morning so I thought I would weigh the hives - had to come back for a bee suit cos all the hives were flying :):):)
All the weights were close to or heavier than this time last year so all is well so far.
It is now raining - again :( only 13 days to the shortest day, then look forward to spring.
:cheers2: Mike

Drove through the Lakes both ways yesterday.
Never seen them as full.

Journey back in the dark was bad - very heavy rain - lots of unseen deep puddles. Nearly lost the car at 35 mph near Grasmere.

Pleased to get home.

Latest posts

Back