Weather Stations

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T.Cookson

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 at the minute
Does anyone use a weather station at their out apiary.
If so any recommendations ?

Obviously there is no WiFi at my out apiary so would need to connect to 4G.
Is there such a thing ?

I use a hand held anometer for wind speed and it has a temperature gauge which I can take with me to out apiarys and record temps and wind speed, I take this with me every time.. As long as I remember it.

I use the Bureau of Meteorology current observations and make adjustments as they are not always at exactly the same altitude or with the same topographical features. Their equipment is regularly calibrated.

I use a hand held anometer for wind speed and it has a temperature gauge which I can take with me to out apiarys and record temps and wind speed, I take this with me every time.. As long as I remember it.
I used to know Anny Mommiter but her wind problem was an issue.......

What did you do about it? :LOL:and
Her Aunty Cyclone said that the whole family suffered but the worst for it was her brother Barry Metric - Annies husband, Hugh Midity, said it was worth putting up with as she had a wonderful warm front in bed.

Her Aunty Cyclone said that the whole family suffered but the worst for it was her brother Barry Metric - Annies husband, Hugh Midity, said it was worth putting up with as she had a wonderful warm front in bed.
Have you made that up Philip? If so that's very funny and clever indeed.

Have you made that up Philip? If so that's very funny and clever indeed.

Benefits of an old style education where my love of the English language was beaten into me ... you get to like it when the pain stops..

From an early age I wrote for the School mag under a variety of pseudonyms ... Orson Cart, Arthur Moe, Peter Dowt amongst others - I had to keep changing as teachers kept finding out the culprit of the pieces I wrote about them ....

I think, secretly, they liked it ... but I kept ending up in front of the Head ...

Benefits of an old style education where my love of the English language was beaten into me ... you get to like it when the pain stops..

From an early age I wrote for the School mag under a variety of pseudonyms ... Orson Cart, Arthur Moe, Peter Dowt amongst others - I had to keep changing as teachers kept finding out the culprit of the pieces I wrote about them ....

I think, secretly, they liked it ... but I kept ending up in front of the Head ...
A wordsmith, Philip.
You'd enjoy Lost Words by Robert McFarlane

Thanks for sharing that story.. English isn't one of my strong points.
There's some very creative folk on this forum, you with your wood turning and English, swarm with his painting, jbm with his umm... Way of putting things blankly :giggle:

A wordsmith, Philip.
You'd enjoy Lost Words by Robert McFarlane
And Jackie Morris

When she stands at River edge she is Water-dog, Dwr-gi,
and when she hunts, is River-wolf, River-dweller, Otr, Dratsie, Water-snake.
Listen, here where water utters Otor,
Wodr, Lutra lutra, Long-rat and Watersnake,
Eel-hunter, Water-weasel,
Matadh, Baist dhubh, Doyarchu, Dobhar-chu, Doran,
Dogfisher, Dobhran, and Dorrag how,
the river king, Madra Uisce,
the Whiskered Diver and Water hound.

Know this,

Otter’s name is made from the language of liquid, not from words.

Thanks for sharing that story.. English isn't one of my strong points.
There's some very creative folk on this forum, you with your wood turning and English, swarm with his painting, jbm with his umm... Way of putting things blankly :giggle:

I've learned, over my fairly long life, that everyone has a talent somewhere in them ... sometimes it takes a lifetime to discover, in some it comes early and easy, occasionally it takes someone else to draw it out. I feel blessed to have had some inspirational people in my life, most of them now dead, I just wish I had told them when they were alive what they brought to me. I try not to make that mistake these days and when people add something to my being... I try to tell them, it's too late when they are gone.

I marvel at the talents of people like swarm ... who can capture a soul on paper with just a few paints or pastels.

And Jackie Morris

When she stands at River edge she is Water-dog, Dwr-gi,
and when she hunts, is River-wolf, River-dweller, Otr, Dratsie, Water-snake.
Listen, here where water utters Otor,
Wodr, Lutra lutra, Long-rat and Watersnake,
Eel-hunter, Water-weasel,
Matadh, Baist dhubh, Doyarchu, Dobhar-chu, Doran,
Dogfisher, Dobhran, and Dorrag how,
the river king, Madra Uisce,
the Whiskered Diver and Water hound.

Know this,

Otter’s name is made from the language of liquid, not from words.

Don't you just love the picture he paints .. the words are music. I must read more ...

Well, Mr. Pargyle, I can only respond to this in the words of T.S. Eliot, as referred to Ezra Pound in The Waste Land; - “il miglior fabbro”

Or to put in West Country vernacular - “proper job”
😀😀😀😀😀

Latest posts

Back