Weather Pics

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BKF Admin

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
It looks like most of the uk is getting snow today/tomorrow,post your weather pics here.

We have bizarre weather here by East Mids Airport. As in no snow. Admittedly it tried to about 1pm for 20 mins or so and didn't even lie on our carpark.

Yet in Nottingham I hear it is snowing heavily. As I say it's very odd indeed here.

PH

Last edited:
ALIM1742.jpg

ALIM1745.jpg

ALIM1743.jpg

ALIM1746.jpg

From Russia with Love:cheers2:.

John Wilkinson

Tropical South Devon

Took this picture this afternoon while sunbathing in the garden. It won't last, snow forecast for tonight - the first of the winter for us. I will have to issue the bees with winter weight duvets as I fear they have grown soft.

4247654241_30a5615b9f_b.jpg

And yes I know the grass needs cutting...

Last winter I had all the hives down to a single brood box, this winter things have gone a bit adrift I think. Only the two nucs are the same.

So probably a bit early for a "First Signs of Spring" thread then?

We have had frogs around the pond at this time of year before but fat chance at the moment I think. Unless they've brought their ice picks.

It's interesting to see all these apiary layouts.

I'm planning to add more (double) stands and I'm thinking of "zigzagging" them to avoid drifting. Will also mean I can inspect all from behind.

Site will hold 5 stands at a push but 4 (8 hives) will have more space around.

Any comments?

The Magnolia should look nice in the spring. Are these trees down the hill in the river?

(Trust me to pick on the plants)

G.

And yes I know the grass needs cutting...

Last winter I had all the hives down to a single brood box, this winter things have gone a bit adrift I think. Only the two nucs are the same.
Hi ,
where's the next shot of the apiary?
Judging by the news, the South West has been hit over night ?

John Wikinson

Winter's day

Another beautiful winter's day again today - partly cloudy and 22c with no wind to speak of - just came back from a walk along the beach next to a sea as smooth as glass!
Norton

Norton,

Go away! Too smug an attitude for us suffering Brits! T shirt and shorts, I expect?

I suppose 22 degrees C nearly sends your bees into a cluster?

Question: Do your bees ever cluster? Must be up a mountain if they do?

Actually it is not 'that' bad here. Yes, it is snowy and schools are closed all over the place. Right softies. Back in 1963 we didn't miss school for a bit of snow. We lived about 8 miles from the school but the bus went about 15 miles and only 2 miles on a main road. If it couldn't get to some of the outlying pick-ups, they walked to where it could get!

Regards, RAB

Almost Tropical South Devon

4251263830_279f59173b.jpg

We did have a light dusting of snow but now it is melting. However, there are several inches lying on the ground a few miles inland and to the east. This picture was taken facing west.

Temperatures set to go higher

And if that wasn't enough ........temperatures are set to go higher over the next few days and fall slightly in the next week. Even though the day time temps are high for the time of year at night it is just 6c, so yes the bees do cluster at night. Generally the colonies look very to excellent for the time of year.
Norton.

The forecast for 6am thursday is -7 Celcius, after a night of clear skies. :toetap05: Reaching -1 maximum during the day with good sun.

With a prediction of -20C overnight in the central Scottish highlands on Friday night ....

Morning all

It is snowing hard in Camborne, Cornwall. In the last 30mins we have had about 4cm.

Glad I don't have to work any more.:hat:

Happy new year everyone.
:cheers2:

In Helsinki we have now -10C and 40 cm snow.

Along Western Coast it has been today -30C.

We have quite a cold here. Temperature changes rapidly inside 24 hours.

On the are of Finland's "waist" there is -35C.

Latest posts

Back