Weather is on the change .

• Thread starter Curly green fingers
  • Start date
Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's very relevant & vastly accelerated over the past 60 years.
:ot:
The sick, lame & lazy are surviving now.

+ thanks to the superb emergency services, (well, the Fire brigade, Ambulance & R.N.L.I.) even the stupid are able to survive long enough to pass their genes on to another generation!

Well yes but mostly because we now support the sick and the weak so it's not natural selection where the fittest survive.

Well the weather people got it correct for once..it has been -6/-7 on the cars thermometer when i go to work on a morning and we are now getting the snow that was forecast..and also thunder which is weird when it is snowing..

They didn't get it right here we've had no snow since Wednesday , but it was forecasted, we had -8 Thursday morning .
I was hoping for a snowy day today .

Chicago looks cold -30 over there.
Have you had much snow Steve?

Not had much snow only 2in worth where the wind blew it..temperature wise i think i will leave the bees alone till tomorrow and open up and give them a trickle just for the fun of it..

Giving your bee's a tickle watch you don't get stung.

We've had the low temps but only a dusting of the white stuff.

One of the HR girls at work was discussing her "terrible & debilitating experience" of cold hands, never been out in anything as cold :bump:(-3 apparently)!

Well yes but mostly because we now support the sick and the weak so it's not natural selection where the fittest survive.

I'm all for supporting the sick & the weak, but tucking pound notes in the back pocket of the lazy so they can knock out more work-shy salad dodgers isn't going to get my support!
As for Lifeboat crews risking their lives to pluck the same idiots off the 3ft inflatable (probably bought on fleabay)
or the mountain rescue airlifting someone dressed only in jeans & t-shirt (with only a bottle of Perrier water for sustenance) using their mobile phone to navigate half way up Cader Idris?????:ohthedrama:

Last edited:
One of the HR girls at work was discussing her "terrible & debilitating experience" of cold hands, never been out in anything as cold :bump:(-3 apparently)!
Cold hands..? ..some folk do not know what it is like to have cold hands..they should have a day working with frozen scaffold tubes and boards...that would bring them up to speed of what cold hands really feel like..

Cold hands..? ..some folk do not know what it is like to have cold hands...

I got the impression that, to her,
  • "cold" meant anything below 22degC
  • "Freezing" had nothing to do with the point at which ice cubes are formed
  • Because her central heating thermostat doesn't go below 16deg, you need to perform a risk assessment before venturing outside below that temp!
  • Mr Kelvin got it wrong, Absolute Zero is closer to -5C!
:svengo:

I doubt she had to walk to school,
more likely dropped at the school gate in mommies Range Rover.

Last edited:
-1 and more snow this morning on the Shropshire hill's....

-1 and more snow this morning on the Shropshire hill's....

Is that irregular for Mid Feb in those parts????

Better get down to Tuffins & empty the bread shelf.:ohthedrama:
If it's a slow-newsday, you'll be inundated with TV crews looking for cut off communities :smilielol5::smilielol5:

The lack of proper winter weather is probably taking £5 worth of wear out of my winter tyres every fortnight!
I want to see more snow & unprepared 4WD drivers stranded in the ditches.:winner1st::winner1st::winner1st:

If it's a slow-newsday, you'll be inundated with TV crews looking for cut off communities :smilielol5::smilielol5:

The lack of proper winter weather is probably taking £5 worth of wear out of my winter tyres every fortnight!
I want to see more snow & unprepared 4WD drivers stranded in the ditches.:winner1st::winner1st::winner1st:
I
:icon_204-2::icon_204-2::icon_204-2::icon_204-2:
You sound like you know these parts or have you been watching itv news and weather they've been up here loads this winter.
Tuffins is no more in ludlow. They still have a super market in church Stoke the only one that's left .

Most 4WD drivers here are incapable## of going onto the verge to avoid other cars on single track roads.. they might get the wheels muddy. (The Bentley Bentayga I met in Cheshire looked lovely in metallic blue but again the driver would not budge and I had to go on the muddy verge..Fortunately I have Cross Climate tyres on)

### or of reversing back 30 meters to the last passing spot.. forcing me to reverse 300 meters uphill to find the last one I passed...

Rant over :serenade:

Most 4WD drivers here are incapable## of going onto the verge to avoid other cars on single track roads.. they might get the wheels muddy. (The Bentley Bentayga I met in Cheshire looked lovely in metallic blue but again the driver would not budge and I had to go on the muddy verge..Fortunately I have Cross Climate tyres on)

### or of reversing back 30 meters to the last passing spot.. forcing me to reverse 300 meters uphill to find the last one I passed...

Rant over :serenade:

Just get the newspaper out from the glove compartment and start 'drinking' from an empty coffee cup, They soon get the message.

Yellow warning of wind
Updated 6 February at 10:13 GMT
Yellow warning of wind

From
00:00 GMT on Sun 9 February
To
23:59 GMT on Sun 9 February

Storm Ciara will bring very strong winds and potentially some disruption to travel throughout Sunday.

Those icybars ( the cold ones) look extremely close together!

Chons da

Yes this mild January/early February followed by winter seems to be getting more common where I live.

Just get the newspaper out from the glove compartment and start 'drinking' from an empty coffee cup, They soon get the message.

Lol.
My old great uncle Victor once famously removed his tractor keys and walked across a couple of field's to have his tea when someone in a posh Daimler refused to reverse a dozen or so yards to the next passing spot, apparently they were fuming when he got back but had to bite their tongue and be polite as he would have left the tractor where it was again had they not, didn't give a dam did uncle Victor.

Yellow warning of wind
Updated 6 February at 10:13 GMT
Yellow warning of wind

From
00:00 GMT on Sun 9 February
To
23:59 GMT on Sun 9 February

Storm Ciara will bring very strong winds and potentially some disruption to travel throughout Sunday.

Those icybars ( the cold ones) look extremely close together!

Chons da
Met Office now showing an AMBER Warning for high winds tomorrow (Sun). Strap ‘em down people!

Yes Amber warning in the south east! Been round to my exposed hives this morning and added straps.

Latest posts

Back