Weather is on the change .

• Thread starter Curly green fingers
  • Start date
Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Curly green fingers

It looks like we're in for some decent snow fall early next week , all the stock know it to .
The chickens have stopped laying , and the sheep have come down of high ground and there's alot of cud chewing going on .
We will be housing the ewes and lambs in preparations as we lost some to the weather last winter when the beasty hit.
Cheers
Mark..
Ps keep warm it's windy out there!

I was supposed to be going to the Yorkshire dales today to do a bit of mole work and stop over in my caravan for a few day's..that has been put on hold as it is around 1000ft above sea level so you can imagine what it will be like..

I don't blame you Steve it would be a bit of a ruff night in the wind , what method's do you use to control the mole's traps , electronic rod's?

It looks like we're in for some decent snow fall early next week , all the stock know it to .
The chickens have stopped laying , and the sheep have come down of high ground !

Funny that, they must be looking at the Metoffice on-line forecast!

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings#?date=2019-01-29&lat=52.2067&lon=-1.6213

Not for upT North though. 1" of snow should be enough to close London & empty the supermarket shelves by Tuesday Lunch. :winner1st:

I don't blame you Steve it would be a bit of a ruff night in the wind , what method's do you use to control the mole's traps , electronic rod's?

Traps..Duffus half barrels and Talpex or talpex type traps..the talpex are in a league of there own for any stubborn backfillers..the electronic things are a waste of time..i have actually caught moles no more than 2ft away from them ultrasonic devices..

Funny that, they must be looking at the Metoffice on-line forecast!

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings#?date=2019-01-29&lat=52.2067&lon=-1.6213

Not for upT North though. 1" of snow should be enough to close London & empty the supermarket shelves by Tuesday Lunch. :winner1st:

The chickens do come in the house on occasions there cleverer than you think .
I had one laying in the washing machine in the out house.

Traps..Duffus half barrels and Talpex or talpex type traps..the talpex are in a league of there own for any stubborn backfillers..the electronic things are a waste of time..i have actually caught moles no more than 2ft away from them ultrasonic devices..

I've used traps before but gave up as they just dug else where ,i think the cats have brought more in than I've caught.
I tried the rod's but as you say they make no difference .
It's a case of live and let live!

It's snowing!!!!!! A good covering already at home oops I'm working in the valley 30 miles from home interesting drive home later!!!!

Rain here too, lol

Snow was forecast for >18:00

Seems as though Met forecasters err on the side of disaster ever singe the Hurricane in the 80's.

Last edited:
I was working that night, the night of the big storm 1987, a night in will never forget. Live power cables are flying around, trees falling in front and behind me and all I could think about was the five hundred square feet of greenhouse I had just erected!!!! It survived.

Rain here too, lol

Snow was forecast for >18:00

Seems as though Met forecasters err on the side of disaster ever singe the Hurricane in the 80's.

Have you noticed these days that every time we get a warning for snow or ice they have to add a warning to it of a danger to life..scare mongering carp by the BBC...and then the sun comes out and we have a cracking day..

Have you noticed these days that every time we get a warning for snow or ice they have to add a warning to it of a danger to life..scare mongering carp by the BBC...and then the sun comes out and we have a cracking day..

That is because there are a large number of people who are witless and need to have it explained to them that wearing T shirt and jeans with holes = possible death in cold weather. Or who drive as if it is summer, brake at the last moment and wonder why they end up in a ditch..

That is because there are a large number of people who are witless and need to have it explained to them that wearing T shirt and jeans with holes = possible death in cold weather. Or who drive as if it is summer, brake at the last moment and wonder why they end up in a ditch..
:ohthedrama:

Perhaps, we shouldn't interfere with natural selection?
:reddevil:

I thought natural selection was a thing of the past!

It's very relevant & vastly accelerated over the past 60 years.
:ot:
The sick, lame & lazy are surviving now.

+ thanks to the superb emergency services, (well, the Fire brigade, Ambulance & R.N.L.I.) even the stupid are able to survive long enough to pass their genes on to another generation!

:ohthedrama:

Perhaps, we shouldn't interfere with natural selection?
:reddevil:

Idiots on the road tend to kill innocents bystanders/other drivers..
If we then hanged the idiots or sterilised them irreversibly, THAT would be natural selection.

+ thanks to the superb emergency services, (well, the Fire brigade, Ambulance & R.N.L.I.) even the stupid are able to survive long enough to pass their genes on to another generation!

I think we've had this convo before on a different thread .
I don't fancy someone else's jeans unless there from the chaza ( charity shop).

I thought natural selection was a thing of the past!
I got selected to come on here and write stupid comments 🧦 don't forget to put a warm pair on tomorrow!!!!

Don’t congratulate yourself. Nobody in their right mind would have selected you. Clearly natural selection is either not working properly, or as quickly as it could in your case - you are still here!

No guesses which party you support.
Sieg Heil

Latest posts

Back