Weather forecast sites

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hachi

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
Damn! A lot more than I ever thought I'd have
I'm interested to know which site you would recommend is worth a look for say a weeks forecast?

I'm interested to know which site you would recommend is worth a look for say a weeks forecast?

Most, but actually not quite all, of the time, a week ahead can only be a vague and imprecise indication because of the variable variability of our weather.
Anyone claiming otherwise ... :icon_bs:
It'd be nice if people showed error bars to indicate confidence limits!

/ But forecasting for a couple of days ahead is getting pretty good. A dramatic advance in recent years.

Last edited:
unless your coming to Co Mayo in Ireland this isnt much good to you but I run my own weather site (and forecasts) for my local area http://www.carrowhawny.com/

I started it mainly because I find it useful to record the weather conditions when I do a hive inspection - it sort of steam rollered from there to what it is today

I can forecast, with confidence, that the weather here will be mostly fine, sunny and above 30 C until the end of October.

My sugar kelp has been damp all summer... and so has the weather

October and early November will be TROPICAL !

Good site

:)Yes www.yr.no Norwegan very good at short term (1-3 day) but like all sites gets less accurate the longer the forcast.

The Norwegian site is extremely inaccurate, says today's temp peaked around 20° here .. strange that as it hit just over 33°c here today, it is supposed to be hotter tomorrow but not according to the Norwegian site it will be a lot cooler. Accuweather is very good especially the android app :)

The Norwegian site is extremely inaccurate, says today's temp peaked around 20° here .. strange that as it hit just over 33°c here today,
Many sites are poor at interpolation, working out local quirks between recording sites. Look for the forecast for your local full time weather station, airports are usually a good bet if you don't know where they are.

All say 29 or 30 today here to the west of London. That is the air temperature above open ground. In sheltered places, in full sun it will be higher. Highest reported recording yesterday was 32.4C in Suffolk. Not aware of any sites with a retrospective record of what was forecast when. Actual observations at weather stations are online if you want to check the records.

Last edited:
I use http://www.meteox.co.uk for the current situation and thus the immediate short-term prospects.
Just be aware that
- the time shown is European (an hour ahead)
- and you can click to zoom in on your area (or at the left side "set up your own radar")

Apart from the basic rain timelapse animated map, there are other excellent tools on the site (explore!)

Latest posts

Back