weald farm

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
plc's are big animals and this does not apply here.
private limited companies have to have at least one director and a secretary - might be his wife or mother.

The fact that a cheque bounces does not mean he is bust. You could re-present and if there are enough funds there on that day the bank may pay out.

Until someone applies for a winding up order (and can prove the debt in court/ commissioner for oaths) then technically the company can continue but usually the banks pull the plug first as they look after their own interests before all others.

All of this takes weeks, so this is probably a slow motion car crash.

an within our law : so many start up again... and again ... and again... when banned from being a director get their spouse. brother. girlfriend. boyfriend etc to start company then ruin it again.. and again... and again...

Even when caught done for fraud some still carry on... usual stuff Let the buyer beware..

very embarrasing to be stung by a confidence trickster.....

QUICK someone knock me off the political soap box befoer I get goinig about the ConDems again!!!!!!

Nothing political about this. You are right.

Last edited:
[/B]

If you go on to his website you can still buy (give him some money:eek:). So he hasn't supplied as 'advertised', avoided refunding and as appears to have EFB... i.e. shouldn't be selling until clear

At what point does it become a legal matter where a buisness is basically in effect conducting a fraud via the internet?

rang him this mornig told him the cheque had bounced told me that not true as he had £1500 in the account would get on to bank to find out why it had not been paid said will ring me back latter wont hold my breath on that one must be waiting for some poor sod to pay him some moneybee-smillie

Correct.

Anyone who sets up a £1 company and talks of trading >£100k a year (800nucs/year was mentioned I think) is grossly undercapitalised and always going to be short of cash...

£1 is just the nominal value of the share - I believe it's standard practice for Ltd companies to be set up this way.
The £1 share has nothing to do with the amount of capital invested in the company.

Well if he's only put £1 into shares then that is the share capital.
Typically done and then money is pumped in by means of a loan to your business, reason being you can withdraw this when you start making money. the only way you can get share capital out is when the company ceases trading (or you sell it).

A look at the balance sheet is needed but he hasn't been going long enough to file any accounts so we are all stabbing in the dark.

£1 is just the nominal value of the share - I believe it's standard practice for Ltd companies to be set up this way.
The £1 share has nothing to do with the amount of capital invested in the company.

See above.. I know a little about Limited Companies due to my past..

£1 share capital is a joke...

just a reminder - anyone who paid by paypal needs to make sure they initiate their claim within 45 days of original transaction.

See above.. I know a little about Limited Companies due to my past..

£1 share capital is a joke...

I wasn't saying you were wrong madasafish, just that he didn't set the company up with just £1 of capital.
By his own admission his start up capital was £400.

As PeterS says, it's quite common to keep share capital low and capitalise the business in other ways.

I wasn't saying you were wrong madasafish, just that he didn't set the company up with just £1 of capital.
By his own admission his start up capital was £400.

As PeterS says, it's quite common to keep share capital low and capitalise the business in other ways.

Gee £400!.. I apologise...

Still GROSSLY undercapitalised.. by a factor of 25 in my view (as an absolute minimum)

Gee £400!.. I apologise...

Still GROSSLY undercapitalised.. by a factor of 25 in my view (as an absolute minimum)

And how much was the polynuc mould going to cost? A good deal more than that for starters.

RAB

interesting to note that although his printing business went bankrupt last year he was still selling of equipment from it on ebay fairly recently - check his ebay FB.

Pre pack admin: buy the equipment from the administrator...

"Pre pack admin:"

bad enough in the world of big business - new buyer gets assets but no liabilities but operates the remains as going concern.

even worse in small business if it means that failed owner gets to let business fail and still "profit" from the remains.

maybe we should all go down and pay him a visit lol

I have not been on the weald farm web site before but with all the attention it has got I thought I would have a look to see what all the fuss was about
I must say it all looks good and very professional in it's lay out and I can see why people have used it even if the service has not kepted up with peoples expectations on quality and service
But on it's useful links section it lists this forum with a link to this site telling people <quote>
The biggest UK forum for beekeeping a great location for finding like minded people great for asking questions and getting some very knowledgeable answers
What can I say apart from with a link like that it must be like shooting yourself in the foot with all the unsatisfided customers it has on here
He has got one thing correct though this site is the best ( I don't know about the biggest, not privy to the stats) forum in the Uk

Called in today to collect order for 3 nuc boxes, paid for in full by cheque (doh!) having spoken to Aldiss during the week, who said he was waiting for a delivery of 75 to fulfil orders and these would be in to collect on Sat. No chance. More wasps than bees, run down, ramshackle place. Remedy, issue summons, serve by reg.post to trading address, and if no response, (allow 30 days) sue in small claims court at your local county court, prove debt, obtain judgement & costs, apply immediately for enforcement. Court will appoint bailiff to collect. If that fails, send the boys round.......

Latest posts

Back