weald farm

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good news and bad news! (i promised to keep you all posted) i had a letter from Barclaycard at the weekend stating that i have been given a total refund of my £78 paid to Weald Farm for two Queens that did not arrive, i had tried to take action to recover the money using section 75 of the cca act, but as was mentioned by a fellow forum user that it did not apply to my case as the total was under £100, but BC informed me that because i had not received my goods they would make a good will payment to me in the way of a total refund, great news that i got my money back but bad news that the guy who took it in the first place was not forced to pay it back, still many thanks to Barclaycard it refreshing that there are some good companies out there still. good luck to anyone else affected by this sorry episode,and i hope you also have a satisfactory outcome (case closed) :rolleyes:Chris

"BC informed me that because i had not received my goods they would make a good will payment to me in the way of a total refund"

nice way of putting it BC!!!!

from Which? website (http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...t-card/chargeback-on-credit-and-debit-cards):

"Chargeback is not enshrined in law like section 75, but is part of Scheme Rules, which participating banks subscribe to."

i presume they used the phrase "good will payment" as short hand for the fact that Chargeback does not create joint liability on the card company in the way that Section 75 does - they refund you then chase the seller themselves - presumably hoping that the merchant problem won't mean they've missed the boat and they've gone under already.

Somebody should tell the National Honey Show:

http://www.honeyshow.co.uk/links.shtml

Or maybe they did? The word "Hot" against the WPF link - does that mean all the kit was stolen?

Although the web site is still there are they still trading as they have no products for sell and this has been the case for the last month or so

Although the web site is still there are they still trading as they have no products for sell and this has been the case for the last month or so

Perhaps Trading Standards have ordered him to clear his backlog before taking on any new orders.

Called in today to collect order for 3 nuc boxes, paid for in full by cheque (doh!) having spoken to Aldiss during the week, who said he was waiting for a delivery of 75 to fulfil orders and these would be in to collect on Sat. No chance. More wasps than bees, run down, ramshackle place. Remedy, issue summons, serve by reg.post to trading address, and if no response, (allow 30 days) sue in small claims court at your local county court, prove debt, obtain judgement & costs, apply immediately for enforcement. Court will appoint bailiff to collect. If that fails, send the boys round.......

If you do need to sue someone, Scipio's advice isn't quite right. First, send your opponent a "letter before action". That is, tell him that unless he pays up within, say, 7 days, you'll sue him. Then at the end of the 7 days, issue court proceedings and have the court serve them (it doesn't cost any more than serving them yourself, in fact you save money, as the court uses its own envelope and stamp). If you do serve them yourself, don't use registered post. If the letter isn't signed for then it's not served. The court assumes that the postman will always deliver 1st class post within 2 business days, so if you post the letter on the 12th September, the date of service is the 14th. The drawback with serving yourself is that you have to send the court a Certificate of Service. If the court serves it they write to you telling you the date of service. The defendant only has 14 days, not 30, from the date of service in which to put in a defence (or 28 days if he sends in an Acknowledgement of Service), so you can enter judgement on the 29th September. Trot back to the court, they'll tell you how to do it.

The hassle is then enforcing judgement. The baliffs don't like to over-exert themselves, and particularly in the Outer London courts it can take forever.
Let's just hope that you never need to go down this path.

"Why hasn't anyone taken this con artist to court yet ??? -Get him locked up"

to busy dealing with rioters and hence jails full.

unfortunately, IMHO his nibs wouldn't have been capable of organising a riot even in the midst of a boiling cauldron of disquiet like we saw last month!!!

Have just visited his online site and there doesnt seen to be anything for sale, has he finally bit the dust?
S

After trying unsuccessfully for several months to have £37.80 repaid for non delivery of items, I have now finally sent a Breach of Contract letter, as advised by Consumer Direct, and will proceed to the Small Claims Court.
Trading Standards have apparently been informed, but this guy continues to use a slick advertisement on his internet web page. I note several others have fallen victim to his claims and when visiting the farm to try and collect their goods, have been horrified at the conditions present. Didn't swine flu start in this part of the country?. Does anyone know if the local Bee Inspector has been involved?
I admit to being incensed and frustrated with this trader. He is not doing Beekeeping a favour and should he turn up at the National Honey Show in Weybridge later this month, it's going to be difficult to remain civil and non violent.

After trying unsuccessfully for several months to have £37.80 repaid for non delivery of items, I have now finally sent a Breach of Contract letter, as advised by Consumer Direct, and will proceed to the Small Claims Court.
Trading Standards have apparently been informed, but this guy continues to use a slick advertisement on his internet web page. I note several others have fallen victim to his claims and when visiting the farm to try and collect their goods, have been horrified at the conditions present. Didn't swine flu start in this part of the country?. Does anyone know if the local Bee Inspector has been involved?
I admit to being incensed and frustrated with this trader. He is not doing Beekeeping a favour and should he turn up at the National Honey Show in Weybridge later this month, it's going to be difficult to remain civil and non violent.

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the small claims track. To me it's an abomination, but maybe that's just because I can't make any money out of it.

Weald Place farm :/

Well what can I say, I googled bees for sale and yes his site came up , I sent the deposit and yes no reply to emails so I googled "Weald Place farm bees" to find a direct email rather than his automated system and then came up all your posts and posts of other forums etc , so now I am gutted like no doubt so many of his other costumers. Does this guy actually have any bees or is he just a outright fraudster ??? has anyone tried small claims ?? I think I'll go to CAB tomorrow and see what options there are , yes I may not get my money back but if I can cause him as much grief as I can then it will be worth it . If I knew he actually had an apiary I would pay a visit

one stupid feeling beekeeper

Sorry to hear it :-( hope you get it sorted soon - good luck.

If you paid the deposit by credit/debit card you would be protected by visa. If after ( I think) 28 days you don't receive your goods you can call your bank and raise a visa dispute. They transfer you to a call centre in America, they sort it out for you and you should have your money back in 2/3 weeks, maybe sooner! That's if you paid by card!

He is also distrubuting/selling products for The Modern Beekeeping site.
It might be worth giving them a call 0844 888 0573

I am sure they would be interested to know that one of their reps is acting in this manner.
Also they may have a mobile phone number for the guy

If you paid by Pay Pal - put in a claim ASAP

Latest posts

Back